Coding School - Applications for the Internet

Coding School
Applications for the Internet

Hello World!

In this six week long course you will, in groups of 3-4 people, develop your own web application using the framework React.

You will learn the basics of JavaScript, HTML, CSS, React and Git. You don’t need any prior programming experience to enter this course but it doesn’t hurt if you do.

The two weeks long introduction is not obligatory but recommended if you’re new to programming or would like to refresh your knowledge.

There are two roles you can sign up for, student and teaching assistant. You can sign up for one or both roles. The teaching assistant’s job is mainly to help out if there are any questions so they would need to know some programming.

Here is the link to the course’s GitHub repository: link.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ShinyPlaintiveAsiantrumpetfish-max-1mb.gif

Introduction
A two weeks long introduction to JavaScript, HTML, CSS, React and Git.

Start: 2020-06-14T22:00:00Z
End: 2020-06-27T22:00:00Z

App Development
A four weeks long group project where you will plan and develop your own web application in groups of 3-4 people.

Start: 2020-06-28T22:00:00Z
End: 2020-07-25T22:00:00Z

Preparations
We will work with git, a version management tool and a way to collaborate on code, so you will need to create an account on github.com.

You also need a development environment where you can write the code. I personally use Visual Studio Code but there are lots of options.

We will use Node.js which is a JavaScript runtime built on Chrome’s V8 JavaScript engine. It will basically execute code written in JavaScript on a server.

There are many sites where you can learn coding and the ones I recommend are:

Assignments

Exercises

Quizzes

Wikis

Teaching Assistants

Students

Tags

@BlackBlood @Rose @Yomama @SnowyStar @Duckling @Eccentric @anon80318563 @SkyWalker @glxwingAngel @celestialkitten @MeghanWrites @whattchusayy @Nessie @anon82354424 @Jass @Quinn

23 Likes

I’d like to be a student.

2 Likes

Awesome! :raised_hands:t3:

2 Likes

Oof I thought episode coding :joy:

2 Likes

God I think I forgot all the coding I knew
It’s been years

2 Likes

Haha, no Episode coding here. :wink: Feel free to join if you want to! :partying_face: It’ll be fun, I promise. hehe

2 Likes

I have no use for it lol
I knew coding but i forgot it because I have nothing to do with it haha

2 Likes

Oh well, if you never use it I guess it’s useless. :wink:

2 Likes

Sorry I wrote something about programming being useful so putting emphasis on useless made sense. Now it’s just weird.

1 Like

I’d like to join

1 Like

Yay! Thank you :partying_face:

1 Like

:upside_down_face: :blush:

1 Like

MEEEEE! :raising_hand_woman:t4:

2 Likes

Can you add me to the general tags

1 Like

Yaaay! :raised_hands:t3: :partying_face:

@Quinn what tag? :smiley:

2 Likes

This

1 Like

Oh yes! Of course! Sorry :joy:

1 Like

Hm…I think Student. I don’t really remember enough to be an Assistant.

2 Likes

Oh okay :dizzy:

Awesome that you know some coding at least. :wink:

1 Like

I’m in! This might be useful one day for me and otherwise it is fun to learn anyway :joy:

1 Like