:unamused:

6 years age gap is where I call quits, no matter the gender

My only exception is planes

2 Likes

But you made an exception for them at 40+ years?!? :pleading_face:

2 Likes

I didn’t know how old they were! :pleading_face:

2 Likes

But… you’re just gonna dine and dash and leave your son alone while you get the milk? :flushed::pleading_face:

2 Likes

I have a daughter and I would never abandoned Mousie!!!

2 Likes

…What are we even talking about anymore?

2 Likes

B-but… you abandoned your son tho :point_right::point_left:

2 Likes

Lmbo, I’m sorry. I couldn’t help my self. Sorry for ruining your thread Eleanor.
Anyway, on topic, I think finding the meme offensive is just being, well, too sensitive or just looking for something to find offensive? (Is that harsh?) There’s no harm done, so you shouldn’t look for it.

3 Likes

It’s not ruined :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Aye! My fellow Nigerian and I totally agree

2 Likes

Immediately thinks about Helena video

I don’t think it’s disrespectful. The pallbearers are wearing uniform outfits that are quite formal, which to me seems like a sign of respect for the dead and the dancing seems like an interesting way to shuttle the person into the afterlife. (If you think about it, it’s also environmentally friendly since they’re not using a hearse)

4 Likes

This took place in Ghana and is almost like a tradition, as I’ve heard. To me it’s a celebration of life, almost a way to cope even with death. I don’t find it disrespectful at all unless someone actually died in the memes/video (I’d see that as a dark joke).

7 Likes

I don’t think its disrespectful at all! Everyone has their own ways of mourning or celebrating the dead, and I don’t think that there is ever one right way to do it. It’s all about cultural context and what the person would’ve wanted

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s disrespectful unless the deceased person didn’t wanted their funeral to be that way. I personally wouldn’t want this to happen on my funeral but I understand why others would.

1 Like

Bump!

As someone who is half Nigerian, I don’t see a problem. It’s not offensive, I just find it funny. To be honest, I don’t see how others find it offensive in any way either.

then again I find everything funny, so maybe this is biased reasoning