Complaints About Some People Who Read Episode

So, this post is kinda related to other posts about complaining about Episode related things, but this is strictly about some annoying readers, for example: The ones who say someone should’ve written their OWN story a different way just to hate.

3 Likes

Added some tags.

1 Like

I did get a post that said “Your story wasn’t that bad actually” How do I even respond to that? What emotions do I even feel?

1 Like

I think it’s a pretty strange thing to blame a reader if they don’t like your story unless the issue they have stems purely from their own personal bias. For example, if they don’t like there being LGBTQ+ options or they don’t like a story having POC like, those aren’t valid issues unless the LGBTQ+ options and POC are bad and problematic.

Other than that, feedback can be good and it can help you improve, you don’t need to follow every piece of advice you’re given but taking it out on your readers if they don’t like your story isn’t how to improve. Also just because they give you feedback that doesn’t mean they’re trying to take over your story, at the end of the day what you write is your own, you have the choice of what to do with it and if you pretend you don’t after being critisised then I don’t know what to say :thinking:

Anyway @Episodians this is interesting so come and add things

4 Likes

Asking for full customization when the characters are meant to look a certain way (I’m talking about POC characters, NOT the typical cliche MCs)

Especially when it’s stated that the MC is gonna look a certain way for certain reasons

1 Like

People blame the reader, really?

YES! (applause)

2 Likes

A lot of authors tend to get this when using limited CC and I feel bad for them. POC erasure is not cool

1 Like

Yeah, I know. I mean, I get it if you are meant to the character, then CC is understandable. However, when the character(s) you’re playing as are already created then people need to just deal with it. HA

1 Like

Exactly! Point-blank.

1 Like

Closed due to inactivity