Consent in Episode Stories

We’re not talking consent about using other people’s art but more on the intimacy and romantic relationships between characters.

Would or do you still read a story if there are non-consensual relationships in it?

15 Likes

Gosh this post is sorely needed :eyes:

6 Likes

I would burn it

15 Likes

Yes, yes it is.

BAHAHAHAHAHA! The big Episode fire is due to happen when?

10 Likes

yr7n0u3qzO9nG

8 Likes

Consent? In Episode? Nonexistent

5 Likes

Consent is very essential in general. It sickens me that most Episode stories don’t have it in many scenes and it sickens me to see disturbing stuff on there.

3 Likes

consent is so important and I feel like people don’t realize that at all

6 Likes

Forgot where I heard this but like it goes like

“Consent is sexy? No lingerie is sexy, consent is a basic human right.”

^^ Episode needs to drill this in their heads

11 Likes

This ^

2 Likes

We stan consent here

2 Likes

Unfortunately, non-consensual sex was shown way too often in Mexican telenovelas in the 90s and 2000s. It always made me angry how in some shows, they added in a ‘random rape scene’ just to create drama. Or the typical ‘The mean girl drugged him to make him think he slept with her just so she could fake a pregnancy’. NOT cute at all.
And yeah, I’m not interested in reading any stories on Episode with non-consensual relationships.

5 Likes

I know I’m going a bit off topic but let’s be honest about 50 Shades of Grey and 365 Days…they are both trash for glorifying abuse!! Nothing was consensual in them.

5 Likes

Hahahaha!

More like manipulation and playing with emotions. Like psychology. Making the girl believe she wants it. I could go on. Thats my interpretation. Feel free to disagree with me anyone.

3 Likes

That’s what I thought. It sickens me that there are idiots that think the person (let’s be equal because guys are also victims in this situation) wants it when they clearly said no.

Consent in Episode stories is kinda non-existent. Usually, they don’t ask for consent and usually, nothing happens but that’s cuz it’s just a cliche story… always ask for consent IRL- even for a kiss!

2 Likes

Wait, how was nothing consensual in 50 shades? She signed a paper saying she consents.

Edit: just realized I’m replying to a crazy old message. :smile:

But even when he whipped her, he asked her permission. She said yes. Then she didn’t like it and she left and he let her. I don’t remember him ever forcing anything on her ever.

1 Like

Just added a couple tags

Okay okay, @Bloggers and @Episodians, here’s a (trigger warning) blog post all about detailed romance scenes. This could help @Writers too!

Remember that if you really enjoyed this blog, feel free to recommend it (it’s similar to liking it). This will help with it being higher in the results of search engines too.

2 Likes