Cooking with Music

Do you listen to music while you cook?
If yes, what do you listen to?

I hardly ever cook, but when I do, I have the radio on so I just listen to what’s popular right now :smile_cat:

3 Likes

I tend to watch videos when I cook, because a lot of cooking doesn’t need to be looked directly at, or I can find more interesting programs to listen to. I occasionally do cook while listening to music, however.

1 Like

I sometimes listen to a cheeky bit of metal while making my sandwiches :sunglasses: it’s kinda fun to do but only when I’m home alone

2 Likes

I either listen to music or some TV show! I can’t do anything without some background noise!

2 Likes

Sometimes. But it distracts me and then something goes wrong with the food. :joy:

I listen to some “vibey” or dance music, so I can feel energized if I don’t feel like cooking. (which i never do)

If I’m in a very good mood, yes… unless it’s a complicated recipe where I need to be looking at the steps and constantly pausing the video.

I did, till my dad noticed I got distracted and kept burning my breakfast (mainly pancakes) while doing so.

1 Like

I made myself a toast yesterday and didn’t want to listen to what’s on the radio because my favourite singer has published a new album and I really wanted to listen to that :sweat_smile: That wasn’t a very good idea because I burned my toast…I was just too distracted :joy: I’ll never do that again

I hate cooking without music
Where’s the fun in that

1 Like

I’m gonna go and make toast now and I’ll bare this is mind while I’m bopping along, thankyou fir raising awareness, you are the true hero here.

1 Like

Listening to music while cooking can be a whole lot of fun, since cooking can be super repetitive

Stirring or mixing together ingredients is so menial, I can’t imagine not doing something else (like listening to music, watching something, or talking to someone) and not being bored out of my mind

1 Like

Closed due to inactivity