CPR and first aid

Personally I think having first aid and CPR training is pretty important, I am CPR trained and I know basic first aid. Some of my friends are/were part of Cadets and have senior first aid training and personally I find it really useful. Obviously I hope I never have to use CPR training but I think the fact I have those skills is a good thing!

Have you ever had CPR/first aid training?
Have you ever had to use it?
Do you think it is important to know?

6 Likes

Yeah, it’s in the school curriculum for PE which is awesome

Nope

Absolutely, it can save lives!

1 Like

My qualification ran out 2 years ago.

I needed it for when I worked for the national citizens service 3 years ago.
Before then I was trained with the air cadets to green badge level(first aid at work/able to teach heart start to new cadets)

Unfortunately yes. A friend of mine on my college medical science btec had a seziour in the lab and on a flight of stairs. It was hard seeing them like that. In the lab we had no chemicals out thank god. The stairs was a hard situation to deal with. Your meant to move them out of a dangerous situation but he was half way up I was on my own passers-by didn’t stop to help. I just cussioned his head until it stopped then took him to the nurse. I honestly hope I never have to deal with that again.

I think the basics are important for everyone to know. It can help alot with situations like I had to deal with

2 Likes

My school made it mandatory! :eyes:

Thankfully, no.

Yes! It can save someone’s life.

1 Like

I’m certified, but I haven’t had to use it yet. Is it horrible that I actually want a situation where I’d have to? I feel horrible about that.

1 Like

I was the same before I had to deal with it. Maybe if I had to deal with less Chaotic of a situation I will like doing it. right now I’m hoping to not need them anytime soon

1 Like

I learned first aid training as part of the school curriculum when I was around 11-12. I also vagualy remember learning about CPR during my swimming lessons when I was much younger than that.

No.

Yes I think it is and it should be a mandatory to learn about it in schools.

1 Like

I know some basic first aid (though I’ve never had any training) and I haven’t officially had CPR training, but I have sat at the back of the room (paying more attention to the CPR class than the homework I was doing at the time.) while a CPR certification class was going on.

Nope.

Definitely. An emergency could happen at any time, and even if you personally don’t know CPR or any first aid skills, you should at least be aware of what to do when a crisis occurs.

Yes! Been CPR certified since 2017!
No, I haven’t but I have had to use my seizure training! Yes, for me it is since I work with kids!

I was given basic first aid training as part of my babysitter’s course and through swim lessons. I also learned how to treat hypothermia and hyperthermia (heatstroke) in sailing camp.

Thankfully, no. I’ve never had to use it while babysitting

Yeah, I do. Even if it’s just something simple like how to patch up a cut.

Hey!

Yup! Since secondary school. And repeatedly in med school :sweat_smile:

I had assisted a CPR in the Accident and Emergency in the hospital. It was part of our practicals. And thankfully, it was a positive outcome :blush:

I had done some first aid occasionally.

It is important, but as a non-medical personnel, if you aren’t confident at all and you think you might jeopardise the situation, don’t do it. Call for help and don’t do CPR alone if you don’t know the steps properly.

I could have taken a class in school to have basic first aid training with CPR training, but I didn’t take one. I just did the one that we need to have before we can get a drivers’ licence. That was also just basic first aid but I think we learned everything that be could need if we get to an accident.

No, and I’m very happy about that :sweat_smile: Well, I’m not allowed to perform CPR anyways, but I hope I’ll also never need to use first aid

Yes, because it could really save someone’s life if the people that are around do something to help

My dad was at a dinner where someone had to preform CPR. They broke the guy’s ribs, but other than that, he was ok.

And honestly, breaking the ribs is normal when you’re pumping on someone’s chest like that.

Yes! My health teacher taught me how to preform CPR. She also taught me what to do when I see a person laying on their back, which would be to turn them on their side so that they don’t choke

No, thank god.

Yes, absolutely important. I remember she also said that preforming CPR raises their chance of survival by — I think I don’t remember — 60%.

1 Like

Nope! Though I do hope I will be able to take it and use it, because it sure does save lives.

I learned it when I joined our school’s Red Cross Youth Organization back in grade school and high school. I did first aid countless times already but not yet for CPR (fortunately).

It’s basic knowledge to learn first aid and CPR. It’s always better to be prepared for unforseen events.

Yes! I had to do it before taking my drivers test

No, luckily. I think I’d just freeze

Yes! Absolutely!

Closed due to inactivity