Crazy things you believed as a kid

Hello there. So this thread is where you confess what you believed as a kid.

Here are mine

• I thought that women were just getting pregnant like that at some point in their lives just like periods

• That santa claus was or wasn’t real

What about you?

11 Likes

•I believed that all teenagers are cool and know what they are doing
•I believed that all adults are smart

5 Likes

I can’t believe this but I actually believed all of the things both of you mentioned well except the santa claus thing :joy: @Hanna1

3 Likes

That sitting too close to the TV would make me blind

If you find a fingernail in the house, you’ll be poor :no_mouth:

4 Likes

I believed lego was actually an affordable gift to regularly get your kids. What an idiotic, stupid child I was

6 Likes

Isn’t it ? :thinking:

@Hanna1

2 Likes

… It’s really not .__.

It’s the single most expensive thing on the face of the planet. It’s why I only ever got like. A lego set or two for christmas. It was too expensive to get any other time of year xD

3 Likes

Huh …that’s surprising …I thought that it wasn’t :thinking::thinking:…well I guess that’s a crazy thing I believed till now :eyes::eyes:

@Hanna1

3 Likes

A teacher we had in primary school said that when we lied, we got a black spot on our hearts and if you got 10 you died.

How lovely.

2 Likes

That being an adult would be the greatest thing ever :pensive:

4 Likes

That you made a baby by kissing…

5 Likes

I thought that if I ate a pear or apple seed, a tree would start growing inside my stomach…

1 Like

same…:no_mouth:

2 Likes

I thought that life would be a lot more fun as a teenager/adult, and while it’s fun- it was way more fun being a kid lol. I also thought that everyone HAD/was going to get married, like it was a requirement lol.

3 Likes

That’s what I thought as well. :rofl:
I should have been handing out apples to everyone from my belly by now. :rofl:

2 Likes

List of (probably) stupid things that I believed as a kid –

• Mannequins are real, evil, living, breathing creatures who won’t hesitate to show their true faces (literally) and gobble you up in a second when your mother is busy wasting time looking at God-knows-what garments during the sale in the departmental store.

• The fact that when my younger sister will be born, I will have no place or identity of my own. People will no longer care about me, my parents will forget about me… I would just become a shadow and eventually disappear (I know this one’s really depressing and sad and plain nonsense but I was really low on self-esteem and confidence that time!)

• Looking back every time behind your shoulders during the night of your dead relatives’ birthdays to see whether their ghosts were following you or not so that you stay alert and not die of a panic attack at such a young age.

• Accidentally stepping over an ant-hill and remaking the ant-hill again because you felt sorry for the now homeless and displaced ants (as if that’s gonna help them lmao).

I would add more to the list, but I’m really tired right now. Hope I would get the time to add the others soon enough, though :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

This was actually me XDDDD

I also thought fairies were real and I tried to find them lmao

4 Likes

When I was young, I though the word step means evil. (This is what happens when you only watch too much Hansel and Gretel)

So I called my brother a step brother because he was evil once. And he had to explain the meaning to me. :rofl:

4 Likes

Lmao.

That means in living in space, then. :rofl:

2 Likes

That my family really adopted me from our neighbours who came from Hong Kong :clown_face:

I really bought everything my sister said to me as a child…
This wasn’t for like a day, I’m pretty sure I believed this for a WHILE

5 Likes