Creating a love based RP/SG without being cliche or risque

Love based RPs and SGs, they always seem to catch our attention. The issue is, they can be hard to pull off, as they can easily become cliche, or delve into being risqué. The same can even be said regarding a romance plot between characters within any RP or SG.

So, what would you consider a good love based RP or SG to be?
How could it be made without being cliche or risqué?
What about a romance relationship between characters within an RP or SG, what makes it good, and not too cliche or risqué?

@RPers

6 Likes

Something that has room for diversity, but isn’t too complicated at the same time??
I think it needs something additional to ‘love’ as well, otherwise ppl get rlly bored quite quickly, cus it’s difficult to create drama past “ThEy ChEaTeD oN mE”

Make sure people try to put their own ideas into it to ig? And like i said before, add non-romance themes in too or it gets boring

Give them some kind of attraction further than physical or emotional. Maybe they like each other because they have great arguments, or they love doing exciting things together - it keeps things interesting lol
and for risqué i have no clue, never had an issue with it XD But thats prolly cus I’m an innocent bean who doesn’t understand sexual relationships that well

1 Like

There should, of course, be a twist that isn’t usually seen in the RP community or much better, in anywhere. I’m not really into romantic types but if I think they’re interesting enough, then rest assured I might join.

I agree, I agree, yes-

It doesn’t even need to be actually romance, I guess? Just love-based IDK I SUCK AT THIS HAHA but maybe like Cupid’s arrow going chaotic or that there is a love potion randomly spread around that gets the place chaotic idk-

ok those actually aren’t even “love-based” but sjakldjsa honestly when it comes to group romance RPs I don’t think you can think of many on the spot, at least

though I actually remember that one RP by an old RPer from the EF entitled “Amor Nervosa”? I’m assuming that is love-based because of the title-

I am anti-romantic (idek what words I’m using but that’s the closest probably ok) so I actually have preferences to them that are maybe too traditional to some?

I think a romance relationship is good if they both have understanding with each other. Though they can misunderstand each other sometimes, I think that they should show being all cute in front of each other. I actually haven’t even seen romance relationships that are this way though that’s probably because I am being such a lazy little piece of spaghetti so :man_cartwheeling:

2 Likes

When I’m thinking about a romance based RP/SG or a romance between characters, I feel that the most important factor is in the RPers staying true to their character. Think about your character and how they would act. Don’t compromise your character to fit into the romance you want. Of course, there can be room to stretch the boundaries a little, but you have to stay true to the character and the circumstances going on around them.

What does everyone else consider as the most important key for a love based RP/SG or a romance between characters?

1 Like

Yes, completely. I see that 90% of the time this is exactly what RPers do, just because they want to create a ‘ship to love. Sigh