Creating Art With and/or About Food

Guaranteed we’ve all seen at least one painting involving some kind of fruit and/or done some form of macaroni art project in school. Creating art with food in it is not a new phenomena, but people have also used food as their art medium, creating sculptures with different produce. Have any of you ever attempted art either about food or with food?

7 Likes

I haven’t tried it before. But it seems a bit easy to create. Of course I am in no way an artist, but it does seem like something fun to draw.

2 Likes

I drew an orange cut in half and it got put on the wall in the art room to demonstrate good shading

1 Like

I did a pop art orange in my third grade art class.

1 Like

I’ve used a potato before.

1 Like

I completely forgot where this was but I heard someone talking about how the art teacher taped a banana to the wall with duct tape and called it ‘art’.

2 Likes

How? Why? And how?

1 Like

I dunno but I think she showed us it and ----- that banana was rotting. :nauseated_face:

2 Likes

ewww! that’s disgusting

I really like seeing pancake art, though, it’s really cool.

I also think that cooking things can be a performance in and of itself, like how Teppanyaki places work.

1 Like

:nauseated_face::face_vomiting:

3 Likes

I need to look this kinda thing up more

2 Likes

4 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/CBF6o0TgjMT/?igshid=2flbho7djiez

I love this!!! :heart_eyes: Such magnificent art!

2 Likes

ASMR Mag UK on youtube creates very realistic fruits and veges with cake, chocolate and candy! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

A teacher once created a swan made out of fruit when we were on a school trip and it looked eyemazing but we felt bad for eating it :eyes::eyes::green_heart:

Would you eat your art if it was made out of food? :eyes::green_heart:

I keep getting sucked into facebook food art videos :joy:

2 Likes

It’s the same with me on Snapchat. I’m subscribed to somewhere around seven different food related stories on Snapchat, most of which are some form of cake or cookie decoration.

1 Like

So has anyone here tried to create some art out of food recently? :eyes::sparkles:

*Can cooking/food be a form of art?

@Artists Have you used food for art or created art about food?

1 Like