Creative ways to play with writing while RPing

So recently I have been trying to experiment with ways of writing in my RP’s.

1. POV
    One of the things I played with was POV to switch between characters within one post.

I did this with my character Dark in the FTD rp. He’s a character that has a light side and a dark side. When he loses control over the negative magic of which his body is created, he turns into Demon Dark.

To make sure people know who they talk to, I switch between the first person and 3rd person.
Light dark= 1st person
Demon Dark= 3rd person.

1. Speech.

2.1 My example:
Staying with Dark from FTD. I also played with his speech to amplify the difference between the two sides.

When Light dark talks, he speaks with ‘I’ even when talking about Demon Dark.

When Demon dark talks, he NEVER says I or he while talking about himself or Light Dark. (Unless I mess up because it’s harder than you think).

2.2 examples from others:
I’ve seen others play with speech as well. @OhSumana has a character in the Westeria rp who is a Naagin (naga/snake lady) and while talking the S is dragged out like thisssss.
@Edelgard has also an character in the Westeria RP that has an accent which she uses while she talks.

@RPers

• What are some creative ways to play with writing that you have tried, and in what made it stand out?
  • Are there things you would like to try?
  • Or have you seen others do creative writing?
5 Likes

I like to use my Mocking Narrator™, basically when I make fun of a character for everything they do. I’ve only done this with 2 characters though, my active one being Elias from FTD

3 Likes

Have you ever tried combining it to a character’s personality?
Idk about others but that are things I do to myself as well, how fun would it be to have a character that think that instead of just the narrator. :joy:

2 Likes

Well, so far I only do it for egotistical characters who wouldn’t dare criticize themselves, but implementing it in their thoughts is actually a great idea! I might try it when I have an insecure character, because I do the same with myself

2 Likes

I wrote tried to write one of Aodghan’s posts in an Irish accent. I think immediately forgot about it in the next post, but i think it’s worth something

1 Like

Whoa, this is a cool idea!

1 Like

I like to do that ‘ssss’ thingy with Shaila.
And for Zara having Zen (her AI assistant) interrupting her from talking is fun.

Yes, I have an idea for a character in mind. Probably will create them too, when a rp of such content is made. Slightly similar to your Demon Dark-Light Dark but with much more trigger warning.

You :wink:

1 Like

:kissing_heart:

1 Like