D&D Adventure Begins - The Kraken

OOO!!! My rope would be great :eyes:
it’s a lotta rope so maybe i could tie us all to a tree
or not :eyes:

2 Likes

I think we have to block out the glimmer somehow as that’s what’s pulling us in? So maybe throwing my Cape over myself would work as a way to block it? Idk, I’m uncreative =//

3 Likes

Uncreative? Really? I think this is a brilliant idea and I really hope the die agrees with me! (wink)

2 Likes

Okay, just waiting to hear from @Acorn06/Patrin (wink)

3 Likes

gonna uh copy Skylar and have Patrin use their lock and chains to secure themselves to a tree

3 Likes

They could all feel the pull of the glimmering light, they were going to be dragged toward. That couldn’t happen, it had to be stopped. Lucan pulls out his string, Kiya their coil of rope, and Patrin grabbed their lock and chains. All attempting to secure themselves to another tree. Even Thia, who was trying to pin herself with her juggling daggers. Salazar, who had only just noticed he others, whipped the cape they wore over themselves to try to hide from the light.
Most of them were able to able to hold themselves back until the light started to dim. All except Kiya, who didn’t get to the rope in time and was walking towards the tree. The other four were unbinding themselves, to quickly chase after Kiya, when a red autumn leaf floated down from a high branch. On that leaf was what seemed to be a fairy in a flowing red evening dress with long loosely-curled strawberry blonde hair and red Monarch butterfly wings. She giggled before speaking, it was a cute child-like voice, “A human, dragonborn, and two elves. Pecular. You resisted the pull. Clever. Here’s something for your effort.” The fairy clicked her fingers and four red leaves floated towarded them, each with a coin on top. “Death seems to be nipping at your tails. I’m sure I’ll be seeing those coins again.” She giggled. “Remember to think Poppy when you need too.”
Then with that, she turned her leaf around and surfed over to Kiya, stopping right in front of her eyes. “Silly human. You can’t drag yourself away. Guess I’ll just take this.” Clicking her fingers, she now held one of Kiya’s coins, it was half her size. Then disappeared in thin air with a second click, and the leaf she stood on now floated to the ground.

Rolls… Kiya: 8, Lucan: 11, Patrin: 17, Salazar: 14, & Thia: 11

Standing around and trying to get their bearings. The group weren’t sure whether to follow the path or walk in the trees.

Would any of the adventurers like to go into the trees? This is going to have them meet some kind of monster/creature to battle. You can each choose separately, with or without discussing it.

Which path would your character choose?
  • Path
  • Trees

0 voters

Kiya Astorio, the Trickster

@ethereal
Race: Human
Class: Sorcerer
Stamina: 7
Gold coins: 2

Backpack:

Dungeon maps
Large pile of rope
Vials of acid
Torch and flint

Items:

Giant Toad
Hope into battle and sic its slimy tongue upon thine foes. (+2 damage)

Items can only be used once per area.

The Trickster:
Clever, Playful, Impatient

Skill: Invisible Hand
A little magic here and there goes a long way. Now it’s time to lay down the law. Once per dungeon (1 of the 4 areas of Neverwinter), you may choose one of your attacks to play twice before the monster retaliates.

Weapons:
Burning Hands (Attack Spell) (roll 5+) = Attacks the monster with damage of 1
Magic Missiles (Attack Spell) (roll 12+) = Attacks the monster with damage of 2

Illusionist
Describe how you use magic to confuse the monster.

Roll 1-10 = Nothing happens
Roll 11-16 = Attacks the monster with damage of 2
Roll 17+ = Attacks the monster with damage of 1 & you stun the monster, so he won’t retaliate

Lucan Silverfrond, the Scholar

@Skyler2
Race: Elf
Class: Bard
Stamina: 8
Gold coins: 4

Backpack:

Piles of maps
Ink pen
Book about fire monsters
Magnifying Glass

Items:

Knot a Joke:
Tangle up your enemies in a stressful ball of string. (+2 damage)

The Scholar:
Honest, Cautious, Smart

Skill: Timeless Knowledge
Elves are long lived and have profound wisdom. They know when it’s best to rely on a friend. Once per dungeon (1 of the 4 areas of Neverwinter) you may choose to roll with a friend, choose the highest roll for this attack.

Roll 11-17 = Attacks the monster with damage of 2
Roll 18+ = Attacks the monster with damage of 3 & you get one gold

Weapons:
Cloud of Daggers (Attack spell) (roll 5+) = Attacks the monster with damage of 1
Small Short Sword (roll 12+) = Attacks the monster with damage of 2

Natural Disaster
Describe how you use nature to attack.

Roll 17+ = Attacks the monster with damage of 1 & you stun the monster, so he won’t retaliate

Patrin Nemmonis, the Outlaw

@Acorn06
Race: Red Dragonborn
Class: Rogue
Stamina: 9

Backpack:

Crowbar
Large ball of yarn
Grappling Hook
Lock and Chains

Items:

Knight Vision Goggles:
Wearing these makes you look like a terrifying knight for one attack, complete with indestructible armour. (Play to shield from any attack)

The Outlaw:
Defiant, Aggressive, Loyal

Skill: Sneak Attack
When the monster’s back is turned, you strike again! Once per dungeon (1 of the 4 areas of Neverwinter) you may choose one of your attacks to play twice before the monster retaliates.

Weapons:
Small Blow Darts (roll 5+) = Attacks the monster with damage of 1
Small Throwing Daggers (roll 12+) = Attacks the monster with damage of 2

Sleight of Hand
Describe how you use trickery and the items in your backpack to attack the monster.

Salazar Tarmikos, the Healer

@Duckling
Race: Human
Class: Sorcerer

Backpack:

Bar of soap
Box of bandages
Bonesaw
Waterproof cape

Items:

Ponderous Tome:
When used, this hefty book will provoke deep, remorseful thought in your enemy while you dodge out of the way. (Play to shield from any attack)

The Healer:
Merciful, Selfless, High-strung

Skill: Soothing Words
When you see someone in need, your first instinct is always to help. Once per dungeon (1 of the 4 areas of Neverwinter), you may roll to see how much health you can distribute. Meaning you can up your stamina.

Roll 1-10 = +1 stamina to any two players
Roll 11+ = +2 stamina to any two players

When this ability is used, the monster doesn’t attack you.

Weapons:
Earth Tremor (Attack Spell) (roll 5+) = Attacks the monster with damage of 1
Whirlwind (Attack Spell) (roll 12+) = Attacks the monster with damage of 2

It’s ALIVE
Describe how you bring an object in your backpack to life to attack the monster.

Thia Silverfrond, the Peacekeeper

@elixr
Race: Elf
Class: Bard

Backpack:

Jester costume
Disguise kit
Antique bagpipes
Five daggers for juggling

Items:

Spider Cloak:
Hide from bad guys, eat some flies. Watch out! It’s Spider Cloakkk! (Play to shield from any attack)

The Peacekeeper:
Calm, Easy-going, Insightful

Skill: Song of Rest
Even in the heat of battle, you can bring healing to your friends. Once per dungeon (1 of the 4 areas of Neverwinter), you may roll to see how much health you can distribute. Meaning you can up your stamina.

Roll 1-10 = +1 stamina to any two players
Roll 11+ = +2 stamina to any two players

When this ability is used, the monster doesn’t attack you.

Weapons:
Small Shortbow (roll 5+) = Attacks the monster with damage of 1
Hideous Laughter (Attack Spell) (roll 12+) = Attacks the monster with damage of 2

Theatrical Distraction
Describe how you get the monster’s attention using musical instruments or items in your backpack.

4 Likes

YAY ANOTHER COIN
hmmmmm… I has question. It says I have piles of maps, so can I examine these maps to try and figure what might be in the forest? Like, if it has a specific name?

1 Like

The forest is named, it’s given above.

1 Like

I can’t find the name :sob:
Halp please

1 Like

It’s just Neverwinter Wood. (wink)

1 Like

… I probably should’ve known that ;-;
OKAY THEN
Officially deciding that Lucan’s going to crumple up that map and light it on fire, thereby acting as though this never happened-
Just kidding, but that actually gave me a good idea-
Can Lucan start recording their journey in a notebook or something? Like the way the fairies and the other creatures responded to their actions?
That would also give him an excuse to go exploring off the path to learn more so-

1 Like

Sure, that would add another interesting thing to his character. (wink)

1 Like

and if we end up going back the way we came, it might help the group know where they’re going

1 Like

No, no, that’s the point, babe. The choices I give are not to send you completely off. It’s part of the board game too, you just get the choice to go off path for a moment to just battle a monster if you want.
The group does know where they’re going, that’s not a problem. The game is about what they face along the way and how they deal with it.

1 Like

Oh, well that’s handy. Okay, so just the notes about how to defeat certain monsters I suppose.

1 Like

Uh… alrighty then.

1 Like

@Duckling, you haven’t voted yet. (wink)

1 Like

^^^ Also, remember this… or you can save gold for if you die and want to be revived!

2 Likes

WAIT
WHAT DO WE GET IF WE LEVEL UP??

2 Likes

Hehe. Better weapons and skills that do more damage

2 Likes