Daffodil Day : Support and Awareness for Cancer and its Victims

Daffodil Day is one of the many campaigns set up by Cancer Societies to bring awareness for Cancer and its victims. One of the first of them to start organizing these campaigns was the Canadian Cancer Society in 1957, and today marks not only the day they decided upon for it but the global day for its awareness. It was made to encourage others to volunteer or donate to the cause, and now millions of families participate in helping this fight push on. Usually, many companies would sell daffodils in order to raise money for these donations, but many of these events have either been cancelled or no longer take place as large as they could be due to COVID 19. Although we may not be able to show our support in this way during this trying time, we can still show our respects to this meaningful day. I, and I’m sure you do too, aspire for these patients to grasp the hope that daffodils represent. Happy Daffodil Day; may nothing but hope and fulfillment meet you in life. May Cancer become a thing of the past rather than a destroyer of families and their loved ones.

Would you like to donate?

Please don’t just scroll past if you are in the ability to donate in your current situation. It is understandable if you’re not in the position to as you are, but below, if you are able I have listed some of the believed best charities to donate to in terms of cancer as well as links to their sites. We can only do this together. :heart:

Below is a list of the top-rated charities by CharityWatch that follow this criteria:

“Groups included on the CharityWatch Top-Rated list generally spend 75% or more of their budgets on programs, spend $25 or less to raise $100 in public support, do not hold excessive assets in reserve, have met CharityWatch’s governance benchmarks, and receive ‘open-book’ status for disclosure of basic financial information and documents to CharityWatch.”

More info on their rating criteria is here, if you’re interested.

CharityWatch’s Rankings from their official site Letter Rank
Breast Cancer Prevention Partners A-
Breast Cancer Research Foundation A
Cancer Research Institute A
Entertainment Industry Foundation A
Leukemia & Lymphoma Society A-
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center A-
Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation A+
National Breast Cancer Coalition Fund A
Ovarian Cancer Research Alliance A
Pancreatic Cancer Action Network A-
Prevent Cancer Foundation B+
Prostate Cancer Foundation A-

Links to donate pages in order:

Breast Cancer Prevention Partners
Breast Cancer Research Foundation
Cancer Awareness Institute
Entertainment Industry Foundation
Leukemia and Lymphoma Society
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
Multiple Myeloma Research
National Breast Cancer Coalition Fund
Ovarion Cancer Research Alliance
Pancreatic Cancer Action Network
Prevent Cancer Foundation
Prostate Cancer Foundation

Another Reputable Charity-Finding site is Charity Navigator, and it’s been around for a lot longer!

Thank you for your contributions and support towards this cause.

3 Likes

Ohhhh, I so wish I could donate but my mom would be confused and I don’t want to explain.

1 Like

It’s no problem, what matters is that you care for their situation and show support for them on this day. Thank you.

My uncle and grandpa died from cancer and it hurts I can’t do anything to donate. I’m so sorry.

1 Like

I’m so sorry for your loss. Your heart is in the right place, and that’s what matters. :heart:

F*ck, I’m going to cry…

1 Like

Thank you so much.

1 Like

It’s no problem. I wish the best for you and your family.

Thank you again. It’s funny, I don’t usually cry over that.

1 Like

Emotions are funny like that. I don’t think it’s possible to ever truly ‘get over’ a loss once you lose someone. It stays with you for an eternity. It’s alright to cry, it’s healthy as well as normal. Best wishes. :heart:

I wish I could hug you.

1 Like

Aww. digital hug

Cancer is evil.

Closed due to inactivity