December Poetry Competition: Love

Welcome to the December Poetry Competition! Let’s get some amazing entries and show some fantastic writing.

The theme for this contest is love. Hopefully you’ll come up with some amazing pieces! :two_hearts:

As usual, there will be two weeks from when this is posted to submit your poems. This means that all pieces should be submitted by or on December 17th. At that point there will be a public vote for the winner which will last for around a day, and then the winner will receive the poetry competition champion badge and their poem can be promoted on the Instagram for the forums!

Because no contest is complete without rules, here’s what you need to know:

• You can submit up to three pieces for the contest.
  • You cannot submit work that you do not own. This is a violation of the forum guidelines, and we do have people watching for copyright infringement.
  • Your work must fit the theme in some way, although you are allowed to openly interpret the theme.

@Writers

Do you want to be reminded to join? :eyes:

• On the 7th
  • On the 11th
  • On the 14th

0 voters

2 Likes

lurks

3 Likes

Never done this in English, but feeling to try it out :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

I’m sorry I love you, I’m sorry I care.
I know you’ll never notice me, it’s like I’m not even there. Walking past in the hall, I can’t help but stare.
I know you’ll never love me, that much is plain to see. I guess it was stupid, to think that you’d love me…

3 Likes

Reminders to join: @Ana @phnx @RainbowCat @Emma_episode_03

4 Likes

Reminds to join: @phnx @RainbowCat @Emma_episode_03

1 Like

I can still remember how it happened. Call me on the phone and say we’re over, then just say goodbye. Left me high and dry…no clue why. You couldn’t even do it face to face.

I really didn’t see this coming, if I had, I’d have already started running. Everything I thought we had meant nothing to you, I was just a game to be played. Just a charade…

Every time you said “I love you”, you crossed your fingers behind your back. The emotions you showed me were just an act. You played me for a fool, and I believed it all. Why’d you do this for so long?!

I really didn’t see this coming, if I had, I’d have already started running. Everything I thought we had meant nothing to you, I was just a game to be played. Just a charade. I was just your little game…
(Please tell me if this is too long)

1 Like

You’d turn towards the sun
A smile lit up your face
As gentle and graceful as a fawn
This world did not deserve you

You’d be kind to every creature you’d meet
But was it worth it in the end?
Now it’s vanished, now you’re gone
We did not deserve you

I promise, your memory will not fade
Not while I’m alive to share it
Your love will carry on
I did not deserve you

1 Like

My first poem in English :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Broken promises
Love, what has happened to us?
I thought are love was strong,
You were my everything, my precious,
But I guess my heart was wrong.

Now we have broken hearts,
And fall into tears we cannot longer hold,
We are craving for little parts
Of happiness we once controlled.

Your story was mine,
And I believed every promise you made,
But I wasn’t your sunshine.

I should’ve seen it coming,
But I was blinded by your lies
Of excuses in the early morning.

1 Like

Reminders to join: @phnx @RainbowCat @Emma_episode_03 @Bonswayout

Ahhh sorry I’m late about this guys

Ouija 1
Ouija 2
TL_DR
Emma
Who had the best entries?
  • Ouija’s 1st Entry
  • Ouija’s 2nd Entry
  • TL_DR’s Entry
  • Emma’s Entry

0 voters

@Writers

4 Likes

Congratulations to our winner @Emma_episode_03! :partying_face:

Do you have a theme you’d like to suggest for the next contest? And are you okay with your poem being used on Instagram to promote the forums?

1 Like

Oooh, I never expected this. Thank you so much :pleading_face:

It’s winter so maybe something around a snowy day? :relaxed: and of course, you can use it on instagram for the forums!

1 Like

Closed because the contest is over, see you guys next month!