Defectives RP - Official Thread

Defectives

100 years ago in the year 2025, war happened. A global war where everyone had everything to lose. Yet people would act as if they had nothing to lose. It was a free for all, and everyone was fighting dirty. Nobody knows exactly what caused the most destruction, but biowarfare is what most people consider was the final straw. Most of the human species was wiped out. By 2026, countries were reduced to just a few cities, and by 2027 many of the remaining cities in the world created the Childbirth Act. The Childbirth Act requires that as an individual reaches adulthood, at the age of 20, they are assigned to a partner of the opposite sex and once each month all recently turned 20 year olds are brought to a holding facility within the city. Basically living in dorms with their gender for the first year, the individuals have their chance to pick a different partner. From then on the male and female live in a dorm style room together, with the task of assisting with repopulation efforts. They remain at least until the age of 26, or until two children are produced. (Exceptions include if there are not at least 2 children by the age of 29, and medical reasons) Afterwards, the parents of the children are not required to remain together, but are encouraged to remain as a, hopefully still expanding, family. There’s only one way to avoid this fate, and that’s to be considered a defective. If you are considered to be defective, and it is not wanted for your traits to pass on to the next generation. Instead of going to the holding facility with the other 20 year olds, you are cast out as one of the Defectives. Out of the city, expected to have a high chance of dying out there on your own. Most who are cast out, die due to the inability to survive out there with nothing, but some survive.

For this rp the characters would be the defectives who have been cast out of a city. Each character’s own goals may differ, but overall, their goal is to live, not even having to worry about the strict rules in many cities. Some may strive to find the supposed, City of the Outcast, and others, find their way to one of the few cities in the world without the Childbirth act, that doesn’t get rid of the Defectives. Although if enough people would like to, city residents will be allowed as characters as well, but the more interesting things will be for the Defectives.

Signup Thread: Link

Faceclaims: Link

Tags

Those who have submitted: @Ouijaloveletters @solitaire @Sylas_Breik57 @Dying_Dreams @Owertym @Skyler2 @katabasis
Those with reserves: @angelic @novella @fal.renet1398

4 Likes

The rolling of the van came to a sudden stop, jostling all of the newly labeled Defectives. The door in the back opened and enforcer ushered them out one by one. It was all routine, a job assigned by Senator Morrow himself. Dropping a box at their feet he looked to the poor individuals who no longer had the safety of the city. There was just no other choice. If the human species was to survive and thrive once again, these defects of the population could not be allowed to remain in the gene pool. “Good luck out here.” he said before getting into the van and driving away. Despite the hope of it being truly wishing them luck, it was clear that it was merely a formality of sending them off to die, a way of trying to make their fate seem like less of an impending doom.

Box Contents: A bottle of water and a protein bar for each individual.

2 Likes

I was jostled as the van came to a sudden stop, sitting up and rubbing my eyes. I stretched, my joints popping loudly as I did so. The door was opened, everyone being ushered into the sunlight. I stumbled as I stepped out of the van, falling on my knees as my legs gave out. Blinded by the sunlight, I yelped as I struggled to get up, failing. I kept my eyes closed against the blinding sun, wishing I had sunscreen. I lay on the ground, trying to regain my vision.
Approachable

1 Like

coollogo_com-1385883
I looked around and I realized that I was in some van with a group of other people and we were heading out of the city. I couldn’t remember why I was here or how I ended up in here, I must have forgotten again, that wouldn’t be a surprise. I quickly flipped through the pages of my notebook to check maybe I wrote down something that would help me remember. As soon as I saw the word ‘Defective’ everything slowly come back to me. That’s right we are being cast out of the city for being different.

Eventually, we reached our destination and the enforcer rushed us out one by one then he dropped out a box with basic supplies, then he wished us good luck and drove away. I sighed sadly, I was about to start to cry, but I was able to stop myself from doing that. I looked around my surroundings and noticed a white-haired girl who was were down on her knees and from what it seemed like, she was struggling to get up. I rushed to her and tried to help her to stand up, “Hey are you okay?” I asked slightly concerned.

@Ouijaloveletters - Luna

I took a breath, struggling to stand again. I heard hurried footsteps and felt a hand on my shoulder. “Hey, are you ok?” I heard a female ask. I nodded slowly, trying to open my eyes. I slowly stood up, turning to the source of the voice. “I’m ok…”
@Owertym - Elizabeth

1 Like

Mercury Aster
The events of the previous day replayed in Mercury’s mind. Her entire life she knew this was a possibility, but she always thought that she might have a chance to stay in the city. For merely a day, her every move was tracked. She had a chance to see her sister and brothers, and even her parents for the last time before being sent out of the city. Those 24 hours were the worst of her life. Being cast out of the city was a death sentence, and everyone knew it. To top it all off, her birthday was that day. For her 20th birthday, she was leaving everything she had ever known, left to die. Part of her had honestly looked forward to following the same path as her parents and older siblings and having her own kids, but now it wasn’t possible. There wasn’t even much of a chance of making it to her 21st birthday. From the moment the tracking bracelet came off of her wrist and she was ushered into the van, she was in tears, quietly crying for the entire ride. When finally at the drop off, she just watched as the van drove off. That was it. She was never going to see her family, or her home again. Life as she knew it was over. She wiped the tears from her face, and grabbed one of the protein bars and a bottle of water from the box as she looked to the others in the group and nervously spoke up. “We all… we don’t have to stick together… but we… we can. We can help each other. If anybody wants to come with me, I’m just going to go this way.” She pointed in the direction she was going to go before she began to walk.

Approachable

ORP: The new defectives don’t all have to stay as a group, but sticking in a group certainly won’t hurt.

Tags

Those who have submitted: @Ouijaloveletters @solitaire @Sylas_Breik57 @Dying_Dreams @Owertym @Skyler2 @katabasis
Those with reserves: @angelic @novella @fal.renet1398

1 Like

coollogo_com-1385883
“Are you sure? You look a little bit white” I asked again. “And I don’t mean just your hair… You all kinda white” I explained. “Oh sorry. I didn’t meant to disrespect you or something like that. I’m just concerned.” I added.

Then I heard one girl from the group talking and after few moments she walked away. I watched as she was leaving and then I turned my attention back at white girl.

@Ouijaloveletters - Luna

Sorry for late and short reply

@Littlefeets - Mercury (mentioned)

1 Like

I reached into my pocket, pulling out a pair of sunglasses and putting them on. I opened my eyes, seeing a beautiful girl with red hair and wide brown eyes, her figure tinted through my glasses. “Why am I whi-? Oh! I’m Albino.” I said, laughing. “Don’t Sorry. I get that a lot.” I said, testing my ability to walk. “I’m Luna Keaton. You?”
@Owertym - Elizabeth

Closed by OP request.

Hopefully Ill bring this RP back again before too long.