Describing realization of love

When writing a story that has romance in it (even though romance is not the main focus) how do you describe the feeling of your character realizing that they have a crush on another character and maybe after all this is over they can see themselves with them? I normally tend to italicized ´oh´ as it adds more spice.

So @Writers how do you do it? Can you show some examples?

3 Likes

I will do that soon, so I might send you the link later!
But it’d probably be the example of how not to do it

2 Likes

BAHAHAH WHAT-

2 Likes

You know what I am talking about. Whose realization it will be… YOU KNOW

1 Like

Let’s see…
First, it kind of starts with actions.
Like in my story, the MC and her new best friend start following each other on social media, but later that night, MC can’t sleep and decides to look at her bestie’s followers to see if the LI might be one of them. (Instead of just directly typing in his name to stalk his profile.)
Then, she starts looking at pictures and videos, and feels this ‘sense of relief’ that there’s nothing offensive or disappointing on his feed. (No pictures with a potential girlfriend, for example.)
Then, after watching his live stream and liking how he expresses himself, she starts realizing that she has a crush on him.

4 Likes

Ooooh👀

1 Like

Added tags :maple_leaf: and moved to #writing-chat:writing-discussion :four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

Closed due to inactivity