Did ever take a break from writing?

I took a long break from writing because I wasn’t sure how to continue. I was in high school at the time which made it pretty easy to write. Then I had my teacher read a page along with another student. One of the pages went missing which put me in a rut. It was hard to get back into writing after that. I also had hit a wall where I was having a hard time writing. Then about two years ago I started writing on Episode. I worked on my episode story religiously at the beginning when I was working on the first three episodes. Then it took me a bit to finish the fourth episode. I have started to work on the fifth episode again but it will take time. I’m actually want to work on my actual book writing skills plus on my novel series again. I think episode helped me get back into writing again. Then the forums helped me get back into working on my original series.

Did you ever take a break from writing?

@Writers
@Episodians

7 Likes

Yes! I have taken lots of breaks even on wattpad. At first i published a few stories on episode but writers block really got me and learning to code was so hard. I have a few chapters written on wattpad and I’ve just been taking my time with it and when i get the inspiration I’ll write again but rn I’m just on a break. I feel like putting the pressure on myself doesn’t help to make a good story because it feels forced in a way idk but every writer is different

1 Like

I totally get this! I have the same problem.

1 Like

I have this really cool idea for an episode story but it’s the coding that’s preventing me from wanting to do it :sweat_smile::weary:

1 Like

Lol yes, coding can be a real pain for sure. I know Passionfruit setup a thread that helps people with coding. If you need help you can check there.

1 Like

If i have the guts to do it I’ll check it out. But i feel like my idea is amazing! I think with advanced directing ppl would love it. But I’ll probably never finish it with all the breaks an lack of motivation i have :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I feel ya on that. I’m slowly getting back into writing with coding. Oh why not just write the story in normal novel mode then slowly get better with coding. That way you will have the story written by the time you are ready to put it on Episode?

1 Like

Ooo good idea i might do that :thinking:

1 Like

Sounds like a plan then! Good luck! Let me know if you need help with anything!

Half of my story breaks are me procrastinating and story-hopping :joy:

1 Like

Yep, I can see that but at least you are getting some done on most of the stories.

1 Like

I sometimes take a break from procastrinating :joy:

1 Like

Yes it helps improve my creative process (and it is a lie I tell myself because I enjoy wasting my time watching cool vids lol)

2 Likes

True.

1 Like

Yeah, I get distracted by videos as well. Not gonna lie about that. Stupid YouTube.

1 Like

Yep!

1 Like

Yes I have taken many breaks. Coding on episode is just very time consuming for me and I get addicted really fast. It’s literally all I would do and it was beginning to be unhealthy. Sane with writing for Wattpad. Right now I’m on a break with episode and wattpad because both is very time consuming and I’m already overwhelmed and stressed with school. I plan on taking a long break right now it’s going on month 2. But as soon as I have the motivation and believe my mental health is better I’ll continue writing.

2 Likes

ive taken so many breaks lol
im on one rn

1 Like

Yeah. It’s just that I have a lot of ideas on how the story can progress but I’m finding it difficult to see which would be the best.

Writer’s block sucks :pensive:

1 Like

I always feel the need to because I tend to lose energy every now and then. But it doesn’t mean I’m giving up.

1 Like