Did the one character you liked the most die in an anime or manga?

There is always that one character that effects you in such a way that you like to watch or even read their parts the most until they die. That’s when you get stabbed in the back from your favorite story though you still finish it anyway. I’ve liked many characters that have not made it out alive by the end of the series. I will keep the character’s names in a hidden tab so that your show or manga is ruined for you.

Bleach

Gin Ichimaru - For some odd reason, Gin’s character always caught my attention even until the end. Though his death doesn’t happen until the very end when he fights Aizen.

Naruto & Naruto Shippuden

…the amount of deaths that the Naruto Series has is insane. I can’t list all of the ones that I liked but these are the top ones.

Kimimaro - He is one of the few shinobi under Orochimaru that I actually liked throughout the whole show. He had a special kekkei genkai where he could use bones as weapons. Though he was very sick at the time that he showed up in the show. He died after fighting with Gaara and Lee from his terminal illness. He couldn’t be cured because there wasn’t enough information about his clan’s health to help him. His last fight was a way to do something important for Orochimaru since he couldn’t be his vessel anymore.

The Third Hokage aka Hiruzen Sarutobi - This one of the saddest deaths to come out of the Naruto show. I actually cried when he died because I loved his character so much. He died while trying to subdue Orochimaru during the first series. He used the Reaper Jutsu which takes the life of the caster.

Asuma Sarutobi - He was killed during the Shippuden series when his team ended up clashing with Hidan an Akatsuki member who was after Naruto. His death was pretty horrible since everyone who watched the show had grown to like him throughout the show. He even had an unborn child with Kurenai Yuhi who was another team leader of Hinata’s group.

Negi Hyuga - Another harsh blow to the show. Although I found his death out because someone told me what happened. He is one of my favorite characters through the shows. I wish his character hadn’t been killed off. Though he died protecting his friend so it was an honorable death in his eyes.

Jiraiya the Toad Sage - He died during Naruto Shippuden when he found out the truth about the Akatsuki member Pain. He was able to send out a message before his death happened. Sadly, it was one of his own students that actually ended up killing him. It was a sad death as well.

Itachi Uchiha - His death came later during Naruto Shippuden as well. He had been labeled as a traitor for killing his whole clan except himself and his little brother Sasuke. He died during a battle with Sasuke when his body failed him in the end. He had made his brother think he wanted his eyes since the advanced state of the Sharingan caused the loss of his sight. He could only see when his Sharingan was activated which is why you always see him in his Sharingan instead of his normal eye color during the last series. He had contracted a terminal illness which led to his death but he made his death meaningful when he died at Sasuke’s hands which caused Sasuke to activate the advanced state of the Sharingan.

One Piece

Ace - He died protecting Luffy during the battle at Marineford. It was an Admiral who had been about to kill Luffy with a power of lava likeability. His death was pretty hurtful to those who watched the series. Gets me each time when I watch that episode.

Fairy Tail

Lahar - I really loved his character! I was so mad they killed him during the Tartaros arc when the magic council is attacked by Jackal. I really was hoping to see more development in his character throughout the show but no that didn’t get to happen. I’m still salty over his death even now.

So, these are the ones I can remember as of right now. I’m sure I will add more later on. Did the one character you liked the most die in an anime or manga? Who was it? Did the death surprise you? Were you upset or angry when the death happened?

@Discussions

5 Likes

Let me just say this: I read Deadman Wonderland :wink:

1 Like

Oof I only watched the show but yeah…it was out there for sure.

1 Like

@ChaoticDeluge let us know if you have any characters you liked that died.

1 Like

Spoilers for all the shows I’m gonna talk about

So you actually took the one I was gonna for :joy: I’ve been watching the One Piece anime recently and every episode is taking me closer to Marineford and I know I’m just not gonna be ready for it. Seeing Ace again in Alabasta just made me like Nooooo :cry: My baby boooooi.

But, something that hit me all the harder with the show this time around came as a surprise. I just got past the Enies Lobby arc, one of the best in the entire series and like. The death and funeral of the Merry? That had me in tears literally. Like close to ugly crying. Maybe because of recent events I’m just a little more acutely affected by death in shows :joy:

Bleach

Big agree. Gin’s death was so sudden and shocking, and he was such an amazing character. Deeply interesting as well. But Ulquiorra, Tosen and Starrk were also favourites of mine :joy: And they all died. All my favourite Bleach characters, rip.

Fullmetal Alchemist

So here’s another one that made me cry because sillybilly here didn’t realise that Ed and Al’s whole character is based upon the sudden death of their mother through illness. Oops. It’s before the show, but. Oh man. It really hit me when I was reading the manga again (I’ve been collecting it, got 9 volumes now :eyes:). FMA is a beautiful, beautiful story. It really got me

1 Like

Omg yes! I wish he hadn’t died! He was my favorite!

1 Like

Three words. Akame ga Kill.

1 Like

I think I watched a couple of episodes of that. Not really my favorite one.

All my favorite characters died.

1 Like

Oh I’m sorry about that. I feel like that tends to happen during those type of animes. They did it with Attack On Titan too.

Oof. Petra

1 Like

Yep, plus all of the trainees during their first attack.

you should probably have a spoiler warning for that

1 Like

Oh yeah, that probably best.

1 Like

Uh oh. Yeah.

1 Like

I finally blurred that. Probably too late now.

Still.

Closed due to inactivity