Did you ever take a cooking class?

I had a cooking class in school but it was option. I took it but it wasn’t a good decision :joy:

Did you ever take a cooking class? How was it?

4 Likes

I think my Mum attended one of those quick things where a chef comes for a few hours and shows you how to make pastry :joy:

I know that there are a few around here like that but I’ve never been to one myself.

2 Likes

Yes, an elective cooking class in 10th grade. It was a year-long class, and that’s when I fell in love with cooking.

2 Likes

I mean it doesn’t really count as cooking classes, but when I was doing volunteer work in Thailand for almost 2 months I kinda got taught how to cook in a traditional Thai way, probably one of my favorite parts of that whole trip :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

Nah, but we had these like home/cooking class like thing in school but I didn’t learn much. We mostly baked and like did rice and potatoes haha.

1 Like

No, we didn’t have anything like that here, it’s not really a thing. Even if we did I probably wouldn’t take it because I’m not interested in cooking at all. :joy:

2 Likes

Haha… we had it but I don’t know how to cook :sob: I can boil pasta :smiley:

2 Likes

That’s enough! :joy: I also only know how to make scrambled eggs, pizza and pancakes…

2 Likes

Oh! You know how to make scrambled eggs and pizza! That’s cool

I know how to do pancakes if I get a recipe :laughing:

2 Likes

I tried cooking class in school! I loved it! I LOVED some of the recipes we made! I don’t like using meat in cooking or cooking with meat cuz it grosses me out but strangely for that class I loved it! Lol and I had this one experience with it where we were using a recipe and the marinade I was putting the meat in smelled SO BAD so I thought it was gonna taste like that! But it didn’t- like at all! I really miss it lol. I didn’t have time to take it this year. I hope I take it next year, or a baking class. I really hope for a baking class so I won’t have to work with meat.

3 Likes

I had two cooking classes in this summer camp I was in. I was in 4th grade

3 Likes

In school… does that count?

3 Likes

I did a cooking summer camp last year and had a lot of fun. The week I did was a baking week, so we made pies and cakes, but we also made a quiche and bread.

2 Likes

I still really want to try a real cooking class, I enjoy cooking and I think I would have fun at those classes…

2 Likes

Well…I went to a few baking classes but I learnt from my parents and from YouTube! :joy:

I’m also learning from MasterChef currently somehow :joy:

1 Like

Closed due to inactivity