Did your parents teach you to play any tabletop games?

Mine were never really the game type, so they didn’t :pleading_face::broken_heart:

How about yours?
And which ones did they teach you? :eyes::sparkles::green_heart:

My dad taught me to play a lot of tabletop games… I think Go Fish, Trouble, Monopoly, and Chess. My mom taught me to play a Greek card game, but I don’t remember the name of it right now.

My parents didn’t but my grandpa did :)
A lot of card games, he really loved that

…nope

No, my parents don’t teach me anything except how to be a a-hole

1 Like

I’m in my late 50’s, so board games were a big thing when I was a kid. My family played monopoly together on a regular basis. I also played Checkers, Clue, Yahtzee and I forget what else.

No we were just given the game and the instructions then went on our way with it.

My parents could decide if something was in the rules or not if we argued :slightly_smiling_face:

We were once playing connect 4 but I connected 5, there is nowhere in the rules that says it doesn’t count and there were 4 counters connected with just an extra one. It’s not like I’d connected 3 and said it was 4, or had 2 split off by a different counter, there were 4 counters connected but nooo my brother refused to let it count, so we argued. The rulebook we had, didn’t say anything about it not counting.

Then he asked my Mum and she said it didn’t count and I was grrrrr so stuff happened and my parents didn’t really get involved after that. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Closed due to inactivity