Discusion: Pet Names -How do you choose them?-

I tend to name my pets after fictional names. For instance, the three dogs I own are named Scooby-Doo, Scrappy-Doo, and Mickey Mous. Grant it, we mixed the names up for Scooby and Scrappy. Scrappy ended up being the bigger dog out of the two brothers. Mickey is named after the fact my family loves Disney World. I had another three other dogs before our current furbabies. They were named Lycan, Fang, and Mufassa which all three were Siberian huskies. There was Tiger and EO who came before them. Eo’s original name was Oreo but I couldn’t pronounce it correctly since I had been 3 years old at the time with a speech impediment.

How did you come up with your pet names? Were there any names your family came up with that you hated? How did you end up making the final decision?

@Discussions

Pun namesssss

1 Like

Lol yep!

1 Like

My cat was playing with a mouse toy, my mom and I were trying to think of names- and we both shouted “MOUSE” and laughed, and that’s her name now. Purely because we both thought of it at the same time. And it’s funny to have a cat named Mouse.

1 Like

Lol that is a adorable name for a cat!

1 Like

Okay, so the first cat I had that I got to name was the one we adopted when I was 8. Because all the other cats we had before then were named by my parents or another relative. I named her Muffy because of a book I was reading where a girl adopted a cat named Muffy.
When she had babies, I named them Sasha, Sheba, and Macy. Sasha got her name because of another cat I had named Sasha. Sheba’s name came from the brand of cat food, because she looked just like the black cat on the label. And Macy was the name of a neighbor’s cat I used to play with, so I guess I named her after that cat.

1 Like

I used to try my absolute hardest when I was a kid to persuade my mum not to name a new pet after the town/city they came from. SIGH

1 Like

Those are adorable names!

1 Like

Uh oh, that is never good. How many pets did she name that way? My sister tried to name one of our cats Turtle. He was black and white puff ball who got renamed Rowbuck instead.

1 Like

Only one, luckily. But tried for a few.

1 Like

At least, you saved the others though!

1 Like

Each of my dogs have a first and a middle name, so we had to pick both for all four of them. Each name was picked in a bit different of a way, but two of them had their middle names chosen because of their looks. One of my dogs, his middle name is Anubis, because he looks like he has Egyptian style eyeliner on. Then the youngest of my dogs, his middle name is Blue, because he has one blue eye.

1 Like

Those are good choices! Scrappy and Scooby have the Egyptian eye marker too.

Dognald Trump is an example~

1 Like

Yup. Though with what wasn’t much better

1 Like

Lol that is hilarious!

1 Like

You can only win the small battles when it comes to those matters.

Closed due to inactivity