Discussion: Animal Testing

@Discussions

Should animal testing be banned? Why or why not? Is there specific tests that should be allowed to be tried on animals?

4 Likes

I think we should test products on political leaders. It’s rlly smart when you think abt it. They’re setting the example for their worshippers to volunteer and then if something goes wrong they’re dead!! And we win

4 Likes

I think that forbidding or banning these tests is not the solution. We don’t want humans to be killed because of testing faces or mutilate anyone. That’s not okay for human rights, tho, I understand people that are against animal testing, but there is no solution or other means to test new medicines yet.

5 Likes

I agree with the medicine part how ever for things like make up and such that isn’t an excuse to test on animals. I say new medicine yes if there really is no other way. But make up? No

3 Likes

What makes you say that?

I don’t think it should be banned because of it’s use in medicine but I don’t think it should be used anywhere else…

3 Likes

I think it’s cruel to test make-up on animals, as well as medicine. I think it should be tested on people who volunteer since we need less humans anyway

2 Likes

The only time I can think it would be okay to test on animals would be for medicine for that specific animal :eyes:

2 Likes

New medicine is being discovered every day. If we test everything on humans our population will decrease rapidly

3 Likes

Excellent :star_struck:

5 Likes

Bump. :joy:

2 Likes

It definitely needs to be more heavily regulated

I’m also definitely not convinced animal testing is that important for medicine (because improving technologies and animals being different from humans to the point of needing to change results anyways) so I wouldn’t be super compelled to keep it around purely for general medical research

2 Likes

Honestly animal testing I don’t think will ever be banned. Would I want it to be? Who knows. It is what it is. When you think about the innocent animals’ lives we are hurting then that would make you stop and think but not always.

Do you think it should be banned @Discussions?

1 Like

Animal testing is an extremely unnecessary and cruel thing that should absolutely be banned

1 Like

Added some tags.

Pharmaceutical testing on animals is a completely necessary stage of releasing new medicines and should be very thorough-- I feel like citing Thalidomide as an example pretty much makes my point-- but anywhere else I think it’s just cruel and honestly disgusting.

1 Like

LOLOLOL

1 Like

I don’t like the idea of animal testing, but truth be told in some cases we need it
It is cruel, but without cruelty we wouldn’t be at the same medical advancement that we are today - hence that I believe animal testing for medical purposes may be unfair to the animals, but it is necessary so that we can continue to save lives

On the other hand, cosmetic testing on animals is just cruelty for beauty, which I think is wrong and unnecessary

1 Like

As long as its humane, also people could volunteer for human testing

@Debaters I’ve got a question for you to discuss: Can animal testing be justified?

1 Like