Discussion: Can we live without gravity?

Gravity or gravitation , is a natural phenomena by which all things with mass or energy—including planets, stars, galaxies, and even light—are brought toward (or gravitate toward) one another. ~ source: Wikipedia

Imagine a world where the planet earth lost gravity. Everything suddenly becomes weightless and “unattached”.

Do you think survival would be possible in such a condition? Do you think the planet earth can really thrive without gravity? :eyes:

Here’s an interesting video also if you want to see :nerd_face:

4 Likes

I mean, without gravity there would be no earth, so no :weary::weary:

3 Likes

We will float in sky wowaw

2 Likes

Yes and no more lakes to jump 🥲🥲

2 Likes

Living without gravity would be extremely difficult. We wouldn’t all be prepared for it because our bodies aren’t designed that way. Our muscles would begin deteriorating because there would a a drastic decrease in everyday weight pressed down on us. If we want to make sure that we keep our muscles, We would have to have a strict daily schedule of exercise but not everyone can exercise. Our bones would weaken, so we’d need to have a lore nutrition sensed diet

So far, this is only my prediction, but I haven’t seen the video so I’ll watch it rn

4 Likes

People who can’t physically exercise (like the people who may be bedridden or must travel through wheelchair or are too sick) would have it even harder. I don’t think many would be able to live well because of how our bodies are designed. It depends

3 Likes

I’m not so sure for similar reasons as @SpookySherry. On the long term, wouldn’t that have an impact on your blood circulation as well ?

I’m sure it would. Blood can only flow in one direction when moving along the vessels. Considering we’d end up passing out if we are upside down for too long because of the blood follow to the brain, I think it could negatively affect our blood flow if we had no gravity

2 Likes

Maybe we might have no blood flow without gravity :thinking:

2 Likes

Because gravity does influence our blood flow, so it’s a possibility? Wait— no scratch that I don’t think so bc astronauts can still go to space

Edit: actually, there woudlnt be blood flow so the blood would just go straight to the head

3 Likes

To put it super simple, hell no.

So far, everyone has disagreed :eyes:

It’s true, we won’t be able to survive without gravity. Loss of gravity will not only affect our blood circulation, it will cause a lot of other catastrophes too.

If gravity is switched off, the earth won’t be able to hold in the atmosphere. No atmosphere means no oxygen in the air. So you can automatically assume how dangerous it sounds to live in such kind of environment where there is intense high pressure and enough absence of oxygen to make your heads blow off (assume yourself floating in space without spacesuits, yeah, that sounds fatal).

The parts of earth (tectonic plates, layers of earth etc) are held by gravity. No gravity means they will start to disintegrate. Earthquakes, volcanoes, tsunamis, hurricanes etc will ravage the earth. The earth will break away and what’s worse that it will rupture the solar system too.

So yes, gravity is essential for human survival. If it’s suddenly shut down, then we be ded :grinning::+1:

3 Likes

Gravity also is a key factor to why we couldn’t live on Mars as well. :eyes:

Um it would be chaos, considering what’s around me : D

scientist sm :grinning::+1:

1 Like

Yes. But mostly it’s Mars’ atmosphere which makes it inhospitable. 8 billion human population cannot possibly survive with only 0.16% oxygen in atmosphere. And there is so much high pressure there too because of less gravity :hot_face:

2 Likes

So, in terms of “Planet B” options, we don’t have any Planet B options (currently). And even if we are a little bit hopeful to consider Mars as our second chance at survival, we would need complex artificial support systems to thrive :sneezing_face:

1 Like

Added tags :innocent:

Where you could fly? Of course you can :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

No, without gravity—no air—death