Discussion: Cartoons

Cartoon World

Heyy, so this is a thread where we talk about our fave or least fave cartoons

My favourite are:

• Sam the fireman - this one is my all-time fave cartoon and i used to watch it so much when i was a kid :heart_eyes::sob:

• Baby looney tunes - this one is also my beloved childhood entertainment, I just love baby looney tunes.

• The flintstones - This old but fun cartoon show played on boomerang and my said that she used to watch it, and dang i don’t blame her :star_struck:

• Tom and jerry - I love these two characters, i still watch them when i can

• The garfield - Even tho i didn’t like this at first, turns out i was wrong about this show, it’s amazing

• Pink panther - The best, iconic show ever, love it!

My Least favourite are:

• Peppa pig - i don’t rly like this one :woman_shrugging:

• Pj masks - This one is soo cringy and just plain boring, don’t like it

What are/were your favourite or least favourite cartoons?

13 Likes

My favourite cartoon is my hero Academia :eyes::eyes:

I really like Naruto too, that’s a pretty good cartoon.

3 Likes

Idk if we’re just going for childhood cartoons but I’ll do a mix

The Simpsons - I grew up watching this, I have always enjoyed it even when people go β€œomg it’s so boring and not funny” I don’t care I love it.

Family guy - no matter how much people have a go at me I find it funny

American Dad - again I find it funny and some of the plots are just strange

Rick and Morty - I love this show it’s pretty deep and well put together, I have a poster of this in my room

Spongebob Squarepants - true friendship with me is established if you can complete my Spongebob quotes

Zombie hotel - this was a great childhood show on CBBC I think

Mona the vampire - iconic

Frankensteins cat - I barely remember it but it makes me feel happy

Last but not least

The scooby doo show
What’s new scooby doo?
Scooby doo mystery incorporated

I loved all of these

Idk whether to include anime but I will

Tokyo ghoul (although I prefer reading the manga I still enjoy it)
Seven deadly sins (only watched it recently but god I love it)
Blue excorcist (it’s great, the musics great the characters are great it’s great)
Death note (I watched this with my Mum)

10 Likes

I don’t think I have a cartoon I don’t like so I’ll just talk about the ones I liked!

CBBC:

• Scooby Doo - Loved it! I grew up on What’s New Scooby Doo and I watched Mystery Inc. when it came out. I also liked the re-runs of the Scooby Doo Show from the 70’s

• Mona the Vampire - I don’t remember a lot about this show but I loved the theme song

• Eliot Kid - Sort of like Mona the Vampire’s younger brother but I liked it too

• Clifford the Big Red Dog - This show was so cute

• Three Delivery - CBBC’s most underrated cartoon. Idk who else remembers this one but it was about 3 teens using a magic cookbook and kung-fu to protect Chinatown

• W.I.T.C.H - Once my friend and I were arguing over who got to be Cordelia :joy:

• Trollz - This show was the reason I threw beads on the floor thinking I was casting a spell :joy: (there was also a Trollz game but they closed the website RIP)

• Kim Possible - Don’t remember a lot but it was iconic!

• Arthur - :notes: And I say hey! (Hey!) What a wonderful kinda day! Where you can learn to work and play! And get along with each otheeeerrrrrrrr :notes:

Channel 5: Milkshake!:

• Little Princess - My favourite show on Milkshake
  • Ben and Holly’s Magic Kingdom - Friendship goals right here
  • The Mr Men Show - Used to watch it before going to school

Cbeebies:

• Charlie and Lola - Name a more iconic duo. I’ll wait.
  • Tinga Tinga Tales - Each episode would be a different African folktale. The animation was so beautiful + the theme song was a bop!
  • 64 Zoo Lane - Because of this show I can’t hear the number 64 without singing the theme song in my head
5 Likes

How could I have forgot these iconic cartoons

4 Likes

I realized I watch a lot of adult-ish cartoons. My faves are:
Archer - so good, so many in-jokes
Bojack Horseman - very depressing but also funny
Tuca & Bertie - just one season so far but man, such a good examination of anxiety and friendship
Bob’s Burgers - the ideal family honestly
Rick & Morty - insane in a great way

3 Likes

THIS IS MY THREAD OH MY GOD YES YES YES

3 Likes

Do it do it do it post post post

3 Likes

Gravity Falls is my fav

4 Likes

Fang's Cartoon | Shows

C H I L D H O O D
These are some of the cartoons I grew up with. Some influenced me more than others but whether it's good or bad, they all impacted me. (only until 11-12 years old).
π™°πšœπšπšŽπš›πš’πš‘ πšŠπš—πš π™Ύπš‹πšŽπš•πš’πš‘

An old French cartoon which few have heard of, the Adventures of Asterix was a franchise I absolutely adored and it is probably what sparked my interest in the β€˜Adventure’ genre. Despite being mainly a comedy, I absolutely adored the crazy adventures they would go on.
Obelix may or may not have influenced my love for food and habit of stuffing my face. The Twelve Tasks of Asterix was one of my favourite animated films, which was strange as I never really liked them. But, there was just something about these two friends that made me aspire to have as much fun with my friend(s) one day.

π™°πšŸπšŠπšπšŠπš›: πšƒπš‘πšŽ π™»πšŠπšœπš π™°πš’πš›πš‹πšŽπš—πšπšŽπš› | N/A

coming soon

π™²πš‘πš˜πš πšπšŽπš›

I’m not going to lie, there isn’t some deep or emotional reasoning behind my love for Chowder. I mainly loved hearing β€œradaradarada” and seeing weird foods being made. It probably wasn’t even that great but Chowder’s optimism made me happy.

π™²πš˜πšπšŽπš—πšŠπš–πšŽ: π™Ίπš’πšπšœ π™½πšŽπš‘πš π™³πš˜πš˜πš›

Probably what sparked my weird and awful spy phase. Seeing the team go on missions was pretty exciting and their treehouse inspired my friends and I to get our own secret hangout. My favourite characters were Numah Three and Numbah Five, of course.

π™²πš˜πšžπš›πšŠπšπšŽ πšπš‘πšŽ π™²πš˜πš πšŠπš›πšπš•πš’ π™³πš˜πš

Were you truly watching Cartoon Network if you hadn’t seen this show? The answer is no. The cartoon responsible for turning most of us the cowards we are today, there was nothing that sent chills down my spine like a night with CTCD playing on the living room television. I’d it usually aired at 8pm or later? Despite scaring me shitless (we lived in what I still believe to be one of the creepiest houses), I really enjoyed watching this show. Maybe it was the way Courage kept trying to protect his family despite how scared he was.

Then again I was really young when I watched this and I could’ve just liked seeing a dog as a protagonist but let’s go with the deeper meaning, yes?

π™΅πšŠπš—πšπšŠπšœπšπš’πšŒ π™΅πš˜πšžπš›: πš†πš˜πš›πš•πš'𝚜 π™Άπš›πšŽπšŠπšπšŽπšœπš π™·πšŽπš›πš˜πšŽπšœ

The first superhero-related content I had ever been exposed to. SO you can only imagine how pissed I am that they f*cked up all the movies. This is the show that got me into superheroes and it holds a special place in my heart despite me only remembering bits and pieces of it. I’m pretty sure Johnny and Sue were my favourite…

π™·πšŠπš–πšπšŠπš›πš˜

The first anime I watched and definitely made me want to get my own hamster. (I’m over that now… BUT I NEVER GOT ONE). Like I said… Cute animals, wreaking havoc and going on adventures. It was fun to watch! But my sister always complained I got the theme song stuck in her head nyeheheheh.

π™ΏπšŽπš™Γ© π™»πšŽ π™ΏπšŽπš 

Another French cartoon I adored as I child! Honestly, I always felt bad for Pew, he couldn’t help that he stunk, he was a skunk! Seeing his antics failed ceased to amuse me. I’m pretty sure I just loved seeing animal protagonists do their own thing and overplayed the same episode…

π™Ώπš’πš—πš” π™ΏπšŠπš—πšπš‘πšŽπš›

One of my favourites as I child. Pink Panther was the show that got me binging before I knew what it meant. I remember being on holiday and watching two full seasons or 21 hours worth of episodes, only to replay it again! Those who know me know that I can almost never watch the same thing twice so how I did this remains a mystery to me. Think Pink

π™Ώπš˜πš”πšŽπš–πš˜πš—

Ahhh, despite all the Pokemon games I played, I don’t remember the series too well as it aired when I was little. I do remember that I made sure that I never missed an episode. The greatest thing about Pokemon was how I bonded with my peers by playing with Pokemon cards. I have no idea if I was good at it or if we were playing correctly but even if you didn’t watch pokemon, everyone always wanted to play.

πš‚πšŒπš˜πš˜πš‹πš’-π™³πš˜πš˜! π™Όπš’πšœπšπšŽπš›πš’ π™Έπš—πšŒ. + πš‚πšŒπš˜πš˜πš‹πš’-π™³πš˜πš˜, πš†πš‘πšŽπš›πšŽ πšŠπš›πšŽ 𝚒𝚘𝚞? | N/A

coming soon

πšƒπš‘πšŽ π™Άπš›πš’πš– π™°πšπšŸπšŽπš—πšπšžπš›πšŽπšœ 𝚘𝚏 π™±πš’πš•πš•πš’ πšŠπš—πš π™ΌπšŠπš—πšπš’

I’m not going to lie, this may have caused my obsession with all things related to reapers. And Mandy may have been my favourite. But this show was always fun to watch because of the unique main cast as well as the unusual elements of the show. It wasn’t quite scary but the β€˜spooky’ elements were entertaining.

πš†.𝙸.πšƒ.𝙲.𝙷

Honestly, this is still one of my favourite shows from my childhood not only because of the incredible storyline but because of the diverse characters. Despite being mixed, seeing Hay Lin and Taranee made me feel more connected to the show? Having a WOC in a cartoon was practically unheard. Also having GIRLS save the world for once was pretty epic to me and made me feel empowered. It certainly sparked my interest in the fantasy genre and witches.

Others I may or may not talk about later:
  • ʙᴇɴ 10
  • ᴀᴛᴏᴍΙͺα΄„ ʙᴇᴛᴛʏ
  • Κ™α΄€α΄‹α΄œΙ’α΄€Ι΄
  • ᴇᴅ, ᴇᴅᴅ Ι΄ ᴇᴅᴅʏ
  • κœ±α΄€α΄α΄œΚ€α΄€Ιͺ α΄Šα΄€α΄„α΄‹
  • α΄‹Ιͺᴍ ᴘᴏꜱꜱΙͺΚ™ΚŸα΄‡
  • ʙᴀʙʏ ΚŸα΄α΄Ι΄α΄‡Κ α΄›α΄œΙ΄α΄‡κœ±
  • α΄„α΄€κœ±α΄˜α΄‡Κ€
  • α΄›α΄‡ΚŸα΄‡α΄›α΄œΚ™Κ™Ιͺα΄‡κœ±
  • κœ°α΄€ΙͺΚ€ΚŸΚ ᴏᴅᴅ α΄˜α΄€Κ€α΄‡Ι΄α΄›κœ±
  • α΄˜α΄α΄‘α΄‡Κ€α΄˜α΄œκœ°κœ° Ι’ΙͺΚ€ΚŸκœ±

I'm going to come back to edit in my thoughts on ATLA and Scooby-Doo because not only have I rewatched these shows but they're two of my all-time favourites.
7 Likes

Google better get their act together and start giving ads after these posts smh.

3 Likes

Oh jesus

3 Likes

Yeah I’m never doing that again, it was fun for like 5 seconds

2 Likes

What a mood, lol.

2 Likes

At first I was like YAY AESTHETIC POST and then :upside_down_face::facepunch:t4:

2 Likes

Tom and Jerry was and shall always be my favourite cartoon. :heart_eyes: I just loved their twisted friendship so much.

Ahhhh I don’t remember it so well but I used to love it so much!

I loved it! Still do.

5 Likes

I STILL LOVE PPG AS WELL! Who’s your favourite?

3 Likes

Oh yeeahh casper as well!! This is my fave little ghost bean

2 Likes

YEEES, Casper made me love ghosts :relaxed:

2 Likes

frr

1 Like