Discussion: Certain Hair Policies in Schools

Yeah, I think I use to wear beanies to school without any problems.

2 Likes

Tbh I always hated the fact that in my school if you had long hair you had to tie it up and if you were a boy you’d be heavily encouraged to just cut it all off completely. The only time I agree with being told to tie up your hair is if you’re in one or the science/tech labs and you need to be safe. I don’t get why there is so much control over hair, I wouldn’t do better or worse in an exam because of it and if it was in my way then I’d have the common sense to tie it up but that should be an option, not a rule.

2 Likes

This is reasonable! We were always told to put our hair up when we had to work on lab work.

I never understood this rule either. It’s your hair you should be able to wear it how you like it. This should not have a rule connected to it at all.

1 Like

My brother is growing his hair out, and if he goes to school without cutting it, he’ll get letters sent home about it. It’s legit one of their rules that you can’t have hair below your shoulders in his school (all boys school)

2 Likes

Wow, that is ridiculous.

1 Like

Ughhh it’s so annoying these stupid hair policies.

When I was in year 9 (8th grade), I was put on community service for not having my hair up! I’ve always hated having my hair up because it makes me look manly and gross! When someone tells me to “tie your hair up” I lose it! I’ve always had my hair with a side fringe (bangs).

Also, who cares if you wanna dye your hair? It’s your hair!

1 Like

Agreed! I hate it when people try to dictate others when it comes to their hair in a school setting.

1 Like

we supposed to go to school bald then ???

3 Likes

Yes, ban hair altogether, hair is forbidden

3 Likes

dreadlocks ?!! I FEEL ATTACKED :pouting_cat:
these rule don’t make no sense :sleeping:

2 Likes

shave or be expelled :razor:

3 Likes

I know right!?

2 Likes

woah we’d be suspended together, you with the locs and me with ma braids :tipping_hand_woman:t5: love that for us

3 Likes

Yayy :partying_face::partying_face:

But it’s so sad that these are rules!! :weary: like whyyyyy our hair is not a weapon :clown_face:

2 Likes

spilled :sparkles:

Or unprofessional, since people seem to like to think black hair is messy or unkempt or all o dat
I just don’t get how it be a predominately black school and these rules still exist??? Liiiike these do be popular hairstyles skskskkd I’m not gonna like straighten my hair every morning pls

3 Likes

Siss agreed! :raised_hands:t5::brown_heart:

2 Likes

Exactly!

2 Likes

Tell me about it! What’s so distracting about hair? It’s just hair.

1 Like

Yep, maybe they will notice a new hairstyle on someone but that will be only for a few minutes then no one cares anymore.

If they don’t like it, they can go to a school that allows whatever they are doing.

2 Likes