Discussion: Deja Vu

Soo… Deja vu? Deja vu is when you’re doing something and then you suddenly get the feeling like you’ve done this before.

What are your theories on that?

My theory is that for me at least, I had a dream about it and then I forgot about the dream and then I experienced it. That isn’t really a good theory though lmao.

9 Likes

My theories on deja vu? It’s interesting because I’ve never really read into much of the research behind it. The actual experience is fascinating, though. I get it quite a lot myself. Especially nowadays, for some reason it just seems to happen every other week or so.

4 Likes

Like I don’t know. I have just never really thought about it more than a few seconds but it’s interesting when it happens.

Like, you’re just doing something and someone said something and it’s suddenly such a strong feeling that it’s happened before. It’s strange but interesting.

4 Likes

So that’s what deja vu is!

I get that all the time…been wondering what it was. :thinking::grin::blue_heart:

3 Likes

oof relatable… i get it so many times.

2 Likes

In one of my classes I learned that there are two types of Deja Vu.
There’s the real deja vu, when you really are in a situation that you’ve already been in. Mostly, you even remember when it happened and it’s the rather funny type because you can be in the same situation more than twice.

Then there’s the other type of deja vu. It’s when you’re in this situation for the first time, but it feels like it already happened before. The reason for this feeling are two parts of your brain that don’t always communicate that well with each other. One get the information about the situation from for example your ears. You hear something and it gets straight to that part of your brain. Then there’s another part of your brain that gets the information a little bit later. Both parts analyse the situation and mostly they send the analysed information to your consciousness at the same time. But very rarely, the first part is faster and when the second part sends the information, your consciousness thinks that you’ve been in this situation before because it got the same information twice. That’s when you think it’s a Deja Vu.

I’m so bad at explaining things in English…sorryyyyy :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

I get Deja Vu a lot. It’s kind of weird, but I don’t know why I get it all the time. At least twice a week.

4 Likes

I get deja vu weekly, and it feels… Pretty good! Kinda like being mildly drunk.

Cat’s theory seems pretty logical, but I read (and heard) that deja vu happens with an error. We have short term and long term memories. Deja vu is when instead of short term, memories get stored into long term memory. I think both make sense which makes everything even more confusing.

4 Likes

I get deja vu a lot for some reason…

3 Likes

Wow really? That was so interesting to read through!

But basically, that means, when we get deja Vu, it’s because something’s wrong with our brains? :rofl:

4 Likes

Yes, basically! It’s kinda funny to think about.

1 Like

It is. Like, I wanna tell the other part of the brain, can you please hurry up a little? These things distract me.

And then there’s the other part who is lazy and just, can relate to that slower part because I myself do things slowly. :laughing:

1 Like

I don’t think there has to be something wrong with your brain. Like when you’re distracted or can’t concentrate anymore, it can happen as well :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I know. I was just kidding. It’s kinda amusing to think that.

2 Likes

That explains it :thinking:

2 Likes

I am just kidding nothing is wrong with my brain …I think :joy::joy:

2 Likes

Actually, you’re not allowed to say that. Everything is wrong with your brains

1 Like

Deja vu makes me feel great :joy:

1 Like

My whole life feels like a déjà vu because of my dreams… :eyes::sparkles:

1 Like

I’ve added a conspiracy tag as there are a lot of conspiracy’s associated with deja vu