DISCUSSION: Do you act differently on the internet than you do irl?

For me, yeah, I always have. I’d consider myself quite an “extrovert” on the internet (idk if that’s true though) and I’m always talking to people here. But in real life, I am quite the textbook definition of an introvert; I just don’t talk! Please send help :sob:

I think part of the reason that is is because on the internet, everyone is weird, and you don’t have to do the hasty introductions. Besides, one of the reasons I’m so terrible at socializing is because of small talk (the absolute devil). On the internet, you just skip the small talk and go on to be weird :upside_down_face:

Would you consider me an extrovert on the internet?

• Yes :eyes::star_struck:
  • No, I think you’re an introvert on the internet

0 voters

@Discussions @Students Do you act differently on the internet than you do irl?

12 Likes

Definitely! I consider myself an extrovert both irl and online, but I’m much more talkative online. I feel like it’s easier to approach people on the forums because you can just say hi or bond during tmfpw. I also don’t have to respond right away online and I have more time to think of a response :sunglasses:

I’m very expressive on here, if you haven’t noticed (hence why I type in all caps sometimes)

I also feel like I act super immature here sometimes :eyes: especially when I’m talking to my fellow utensils :star_struck:
I promise I can actually be mature if I want to :triumph::triumph:

4 Likes

Sameee I’m extrovert here and an introvert in real life
Ofc I gotta be professional at work and don’t act childish but when I’m on here I feel like myself and I can communicate with with who ever I come across with
I guess it’s a natural thing.

I just can’t find myself talking to ppl irl like how I do here :star_struck::star_struck:

4 Likes

Ya. I stutter IRL and am an introvert but I don’t s-stutter here and I’m slightly less of an introvert.

Like .5% less lols

4 Likes

Somewhat :thinking:

I’m more open on the internet which is why you can see me telling people my life problems here while not saying a word about anything to anyone in real life :star_struck:
But in terms of extrovert/introvert not really, I’m still pretty introverted and still find it hard to start conversations with people here

4 Likes

Same. I’m afraid of people just judging me or thinking I’m weird because of something I said

2 Likes

this is one of the things on the internet I’m terrible at though lmao

1 Like

I’m an extroverted introvert
I talk more online and talk less irl :woozy_face:

2 Likes

I just change the subject and go straight to complaining about something we both hate :star_struck:

2 Likes

I’m mostly afraid of people misconstruing my tone into something it isn’t.
Like irl I’m pretty confident—cocky in some instances—and I feel like whenever I try to be confident online it comes off as braggy idk

2 Likes

I mean, I’m not a full extrovert here, I don’t start pms with people or anything- :grimacing:

2 Likes

I also feel like I act more extroverted when I’m around introverts and more introverted when I’m around extroverts.

This applies mostly irl, but sometimes online as well.

4 Likes

Totally differently :eyes:

2 Likes

I’m introverted both on the internet and irl :joy:

I like to get to know more people, but I’m terrible at small talk and keeping conversations alive.

2 Likes

Oui, I’m kinda an extrovert on here but IRL I’m extremely introverted and avoid all social contact :joy:

2 Likes

Not really actually, I’m pretty much the same on here as I am with my friends irl. A crazy person. :eyes:

I just socialize more on here but personality wise, I’m the same.

2 Likes

How I approach people is different though :eyes:

1 Like

In real life, I’m an introvert. But here, I would consider myself an ambivert. I like to talk to people but can’t hold a conversation for long. Jumping into conversations is also a problem for me (especially if there are new people involved).

But yes, as you said, it is far easy to be an extrovert on the Internet than in real life. Part of it maybe because people cannot see you if you stay incognito. That helps a lot because I get very much “self-conscious” when I talk to someone in real life. Like, I start to think whether my facial expressions aren’t too awkward, whether my speech or accent isn’t too weird etc.

1 Like

Ok this is me-

3 Likes

hehe I am mind reader

2 Likes