Discussion: Europe Shine a Light

So, instead of the usual Eurovision song contest there will be a lockdown version called Eurovision: Europe Shine a light upcoming Saturday. It will show all the songs that would have been performed this year, as well as looking back on previous years and interviewing people also to talk a little bit about how they are dealing with the current situation. I was just wondering what you guys think of this and if anyone is going to watch?

Personally I do like the idea and I think music can bring people together in some way which is pretty important in this time. I’m kinda sad cause it was the first time in years it would have been in the Netherlands and everyone was so excited about it :pensive: Hopefully that will still happen next year tho :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4 Likes

Germany makes a show that’s called Free ESC, I’ll watch that one, but I’m not sure if that’s the same one as you’re talking about :joy:

But I think these alternatives are great to bring europe together with music.

2 Likes

Oh I didn’t know that was happening! Will definitely watch it, I’m always excited about Eurovision though this year we have a terrible song.

3 Likes

Wow had no idea lol :laughing: My friend will be happy. Aw… she was supposed to see it live lol

Anyone watching this extremely boring show now?

Nope :rofl:

1 Like

Ahh I’m too lazy to turn on my tv but I see it’s not even worth it :joy:

1 Like

Okay, that new song of Duncan Lawrence (last year winner) made things better, I liked it quite a lot, my parents thought arcade was better but I’m not sure if I agree with that :thinking:

Did anyone watch this?

Closed due to inactivity