Discussion: Farm Pets

So, I’ve never worked on a farm. I don’t know what it is like to live with farm animals. Now, my friend @Galactic_Kat has raised chickens before. That the closes I came to farm pets. I always hear funny pet stories about farm pets since they are usually characters in their own right. For instance, this might be a bit dark but this is a story that I’ve been told my whole life. One of my great-grandmothers played a sick joke on my uncle back in the day. She got a house chicken to raise. My oldest uncle would go play with it and feed the chicken on a daily basis. Well, One day he went to look for the chicken which he was running around calling out for it. That day Grandma Poole cooked chicken for dinner… :woman_facepalming:

What do you think of farm pets? Are there any issues you have with them? Do you have any experience with farm animals? Do you have any hilarious or dark stories regarding farm pets?

@Discussions

2 Likes

My grandma bought me a cow when I was a kid, her name was Charlotte.

3 Likes

Aw that’s sweet! Reminds me of Charlotte’s Web for some reason.

2 Likes

Hahaha. Yeah, it does

1 Like

Chickens are awesome. Had quite a few and my family and I named them different types of chicken you can eat (ex. Nuggets, strip, grilled, etc…) Don’t ask why we named them that way, just did. That could be considered a little dark.

Honestly I love all animals. What I find unique is their personalities. Just like humans, every single one is different.

I used to help take care of my uncles and grandfathers farms when I was younger. I’ve also had my fair share of animals at home.
I’ve taken care of cats, dogs, chickens, ducks, cows, raccoons, deer, and rabbits… I’m sure there are more that I can’t remember at this time.

2 Likes

WOW! You’re definitely an animal lover, no denying that. (wink)

2 Likes

always have and always will

1 Like

Nice

Closed due to inactivity