Discussion: Fear of Failure

As a senior year student who will be giving exams in a few months before I graduate, there is this teeny-tiny fear of failure that sparks up in my mind and these type of questions arise –

• What if I don’t score the passing marks?
  • What if I don’t get the marks required to get me into the college of my choice?
  • What if something happens?

Do you get the similar heebie-jeebies and “What If?” thoughts whenever you set your mind to achieve a goal?

• Do you also get a fear of failure?
  • Does it control you?
  • Do you let it control you?
  • How do you get over it?
  • Is failure truly the teacher that makes us humble? Is it necessary to have failure?

@Discussions

6 Likes

No, I just fail, I don’t fear it.

1 Like

A daredevil. That’s an admirable quality indeed :eyes:

1 Like

Bahahaha. Or possibly just someone who’s really uncaring?!

1 Like

I would describe that as a perseverant person. They don’t really care how much failure downs them. Even your title depicts it!

1 Like

Bahaha. Fair. Love your way of looking at it. I guess I’m just a pessimistic sort

1 Like

Wow I didn’t know you were psychic :star_struck:

I fear failure all the time it’s actually kind of ridiculous :sneezing_face: In fact, I’m spiraling down that rabbit hole again right at this moment incroyable

Anyway I put too much pressure on myself and I break constantly but then I do it again and the cycle repeats

1 Like

I do fear failing; but my bad habit is that I tend to do nothing to help myself nor do I try to do something in order for me to calm down. :woman_facepalming:t4:

2 Likes

VERY RECURRING WITH ME
ima virgo lilith :cowboy_hat_face:

yeah i need to be on drugs to not fear failure

1 Like

Imma be honest…
I am terrified. Of failure in general… Of all the things that could go wrong. My head just kinda starts chatting and it doesn’t stop. It’s not about all the good stuff either-

Careful now.. You sure you wanna read this?

Stuff like:

• Oh no… 97%… where did that 3% go?
  • Dang… what if I’m not good enough?
  • What if I do something stupid on stage? I’m a theater/band/choir kid…

I’ve found that these thoughts often come up when I’m stressed or nervous about something. I guess I try to let them subside but that doesn’t usually work…
I can’t really explain it, but I always have some sort of thought in my head, whether good or bad. Wow, I really suck at explaining :star_struck:
But anyway… I don’t even know where these thoughts came from, I guess I just kinda have really high expectations of myself-
I’ve tried searching about it and some stuff about astrology came up and they said Capricorns and Virgos experience the most self doubt? I’m a Capricorn so I think that might be it?

1 Like

I’m terrified of failure. I hate it so much. But I’m slowly getting better at dealing with it after failing to achieve one of my lifelong dreams. It was difficult for me to accept that I can no longer pursue that dream. I let my failure control me at first, but then I realized that nobody actually gives a lot of attention to it. I’m the only person who’s putting a lot of pressure on myself. It’s alright to give a proper closure to your failed aspirations. Accepting failure into our lives will make us a better person in the future.

2 Likes

We all have fear of failure and desperately try to overcome it. How about you guys? Share your opinions! @Kiwi :eyes:

Ah, yes…

Constantly :sweat_smile:

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. It really depends on the situation

Yes, I stopped trying to not let it control me :sweat_smile:

Time and help of others. My best friend is really good at getting me over these fears

That really depends on the person and the situation. You can learn from failure but if you fail over and over again, it won’t make anything better

1 Like

Closed due to inactivity