Discussion: Feeling Left Out?

Have you ever had a group of friends that make you feel left out when they do things without you? How does it make you feel? Share your experiences!

18 Likes

That’s how I grew up, haha. It’s not something I like to talk about but I know the feeling a little too well, it really sucks.

6 Likes

I get it! On my 12th birthday, a group of my friends were supposed to go to Nando’s with me and they all decided to go out together instead so only my best friend showed up. I’ve been kinda paranoid that my friends are gonna leave me since then and it sucks

8 Likes

They all had these lame excuses and I was just like HAHAHA ITS FINE

7 Likes

Yeah, every time I try to help with something and want help. But 'cause I live on the opposite side of the world, whenever I mention it it’s at the wrong time. So I never get help or get a say in the events unless I stay up late. Unless I to sleep when the sun rises. And still, I don’t get to have a conversation about what is important, to help that person who doesn’t want to discuss it with me.

4 Likes

Um story of my life I guess, no real friends in high school and nobody in my real life except family to even wish me a happy birthday on my 17th. Never being included in photo’s, plans, memories. Always being left out of conversations, told to “look after the bags” while everybody went off and did something else.

But I have some rad friends now.

6 Likes

Yes! In middle school I had friends who would hang out on the weekends without me, and not tell me. I even suggested to them that we should hang out sometimes over the weekend, but they still didn’t invite me to any of their hang outs. It kinda hurt when I found out, but oh well :woman_shrugging:t4:

5 Likes

Not on here but my ‘friends’ exclude me from a lot of things ----- I wasn’t joking when I said I’ve never contacted anyone from my school other teachers ever since this quarantine thing started happening. And from what I assume, they’re all talking on discord and shiz without me. :expressionless: Literally the day after a two-week break my best friend said that she forgot I existed but didn’t say that to anyone else. We also didn’t talk or do anything together over that break.

4 Likes

I feel left out 99.9 percent of the time. At school, at home, on social media, everywhere. Mostly because I am afraid they will leave me, so I distance myself, but partly because they just don’t have much interest in me.

3 Likes

Did anyone feel worse when you’d see the pictures of you “friends” online and not one of them had you in it?

7 Likes

Happens every Friday

5 Likes

that’s how i grew up. i usually had at least two “best friends”. eventually they would start hanging out without me. when that happened to me for the first time it sucked, but as the years passed by i got used to it and learned how to not let it touch me. i do enjoy my loneliness sometimes.

4 Likes

this nights the perfect shade of, dark blue dark blue, have you ever been alone in a crowded room?

2 Likes

Yes. You get used to it after a while.

3 Likes

i always slither into everybody’s business *pretentious pose *

3 Likes

ahahahaha last summer all my friends did was go out with each other and then post pictures about it and most of the time I was just passive-aggressive about it because eh I’m so non-confrontational it’s funny, but then when some of my other friends who were also being left out would say anything, they would get all pissed and be like weLL whY diDn’T yOu iNviTe Us. Like shiitake mushrooms, is it so bad to want to be wanted?

5 Likes

i use to be part of this friend group and id feel left out because they would hang out with more popular kids? sooo thank god i left them.

3 Likes

AGH, I’m always saying stuff like “No don’t worry!” “It’s totally fine (:” to people who do that too. But in my head it’s a whole other universe lmao.

5 Likes

In my head I’m screaming inside with rage and anxiety.

5 Likes

YES. One minute I’ll be like “It’s fineee, I don’t care. Psh.” And the next minute, you’ll catch me screaming into my pillow, crying.

4 Likes