DISCUSSION: Field Trips

Field Trips
This is a thread about field trips!

Do you like them? Why? Why not? Do you have any memories from a field trip that you would like to share? Do you think there are any problematic parts about field trips?

Have you ever been on a field trip?
What is one of your favorite field trips?
Is there a field trip you look forward to?
Do you have a dream field trip?

6 Likes

I personally love field trips. It has mostly acted as a change in environment and a time to do something different with people you know. I loved school field trips because it was basically a day to spend with my friends out of school. On one field trip we got to walk around a pretty big park and I remember that there were some super cool trees everyone climbed and we also had our lunch in the trees. We got to try out the canoe and I think there was something about a electrical fence everyone seemed to enjoy getting close to lol.

Another field trip was to a farm and I almost got pushed by a cow into its stall but fortunately one of the leaders got a grip of my shirt and pulled me up before I fell. The cow was super cute and I was petting it HAHA.

Then, when I was a bit older we skied yearly, we had to pay for that if we wanted to go. It was expensive but not extremely so. It was awesome, my friend and I sucked at skiing and we fell in the lift and had to walk through some trees to get to the slope hehe. It was fun though!

1 Like

Yep!

Aquarium, because fishies

No?

Doing something super fun? I don’t know what that would be, though

1 Like

A field trip with your fellow forum friends!

1 Like

would be fun, but what would we do? and where, cause we don’t like close together

1 Like

Maybe to Asia? The mountains of Nepal? Or South America? Explore the remains of the Inca Empire?

1 Like

Sitting at the back of the bus, coming back from a field trip and singing 100 bottles of beer. We got all the way down to zero. HEHEHE.

2 Likes

I like field trips! Unless it’s at a place that’s too hot, because I get headaches from having the sun directly on my head.

But I remember the field trip my class took when I was in 7th grade. It was at some farm. I remember that my crush told me that he liked another girl that day. :sob: I still can’t figure out why I even liked him. :joy:

My favorite field trip as a teacher was the one I went to with my second grade groups in October 2018. We went to a park that isn’t too far from my house. The kids had a great time.

2 Likes

Hahaha

We sang songs without “beer“ in them and I’m sure we annoyed the drivers hehe

Aw :pleading_face::sob:

Sounds fun! :heart_eyes::dizzy:

2 Likes

Several.

The Band/Chorus Trip to Disney in Orlando back in February of 2009.

What’s a field trip for an adult?

To travel to Scotland, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, and the Amazon Rainforest.

2 Likes

No idea :joy: Maybe travel with work or something. Or a day field trip with your family or friends… I have no idea what counts as a field trip

2 Likes

HAHAHAHAHAHA

2 Likes

Field Trips

Kids: Yay! We going on a field trip!

Adults: 'Ight, this is going to be an extremely rad road trip!

1 Like

If only I could drive :joy:

1 Like

Same.

1 Like

Was it something like…
100 bottles of milk on the wall…
100 bottles of juice on the wall…
100 bottles of lemonade on the wall ??

3 Likes

HAHAHAHA! Nah, we still sang the beer version despite being about 12. HAHA! Meh, we’re kiwis.

2 Likes

It’s a free day to get out of school, heck yea!

Although, most of the trips are really boring, so :woman_shrugging:t4:

1 Like

Ahh I loved field trips more than anything! I always had perfect classmates so it was fun!
In high school we would travel every year for like a week and I miss that so much. My favourite trip was our last trip. We went to Italy and it was perfect.

1 Like

Field trips can be a lot of fun and a good way to emphasize something. I can get bored of class easily, so it’s a good way to change the setting, which can really help. Field trips can also show things in person that the teachers couldn’t, like a skeleton or a physics experiment, since other places can have more equipment than the school. Being able to actually see something, like an aquarium, just provides such a nice level of context for the material that I think they help me learn things when they try and do that. They can also just be purely fun, like a class trip to an amusement park or a trip to a contest for a specific group.

1 Like