Discussion: Flagging

So flagging is when you basically “report” someones post for the content it possesses. It either breaks the forums rules in a quiet way or… pretty loud way as well, but overall, you do it because the post does not accordginly seem right.

How to flag a user's post:

Click the three dots.
Click on the flag
Choose which option you feel is right.

Also sorry @Skyler2, I didn’t actually flag you, you were just as an example-

And well I’m here to ask the fun, pretty personal question… have YOU ever flagged someone? Why or why not? Have you ever flagged, knowing it’s not actually flaggable or have flagged and found out you were wrong yourself? Share your experiences. We’re not here to judge.

For me, I have, on multiple occasions, all of because it’s my duty to catch flaggable offenses around the forums as a staff and overall make sure things run smoothly, but also because as a general user, I have been targeted in a way that went against either this forums rules or the EF. But yeah, that’s bout’ it.

What about you? @Discussions

5 Likes

I think I’ve flagged something once and it was because I found it kind of borderline offensive but I’m not totally sure what it was.
I was so concerned that I had done something wrong- out here giving me a heart attack

3 Likes

I’m so sorry lol

2 Likes

I got flags alot on episode forum due to express my Opinion but I was literally listen to my heart and soul.

:rofl:

I think I have flagged a post before but I get too scared to flag posts idk why

1 Like

I think I’ve only flagged some of my own posts before, not sure tho :eyes:

Yep… But usually only if I thought they were being really offensive lol. I usually don’t flag for anything else. Like I’ve seen huge arguments here in the past that I thought were going a bit too far or something so I decided to flag. I’ve most likely been wrong before. I mean you make that risk when flagging, but you flag when you think something should be noticed by staff or is against the rules.

I mean if you’re afraid of it being a mistake, I’d always double check the forum rules before flagging. They explain it pretty well so once you check it over after feeling there is something flaggable it can help a long ways after that.

1 Like

i never even knew you could flag your own post, never thought about it tho

I did once, because someone posted an offensive and inappropriate meme.

I’ve seen someone say once that if you’re afraid to flag then you can check the “It’s Something Else” box and state your reason for flagging and why you find it offensive. It might have been Deluge, idk.

2 Likes

I’ve often said that to users :eyes:

Now to answer the questions:

Nope! In my entire time on here I’ve never flagged anybody, even before I became a mod I just never flagged anything though tbf at the time I wasn’t on the look out for it.

Literally just because before becoming staff I wasn’t actively looking for things that broke the rules. Now I don’t flag things because it’d be an abuse of power, mods don’t flag because we process the flags.

No I would never abuse the flagging system like that, of all the rules we have on here the one that frustrates me the most when people break it is when people abuse the flagging system knowing full well that the post they flagged wasn’t flaggable.

With that said, doing it unknowingly is different, we all make mistakes you just gotta be sure to learn, three rejected flags is a warning and we’ll explain why the flags were rejected.

In terms of me, because I deal with the flags with the other mods, there have been times where I’ve been unsure.

Closed due to inactivity