Discussion: Herbal Remedies or Non-Herbal remedies

This is something which has been on my mind for a while and I want to hear the opinions from all of you. I used to have a friend who lived by herbal remedies to the extent where they looked down on me for taking ibuprofen and paracetamol. They tried to imply those kind of tablets to more harm than good.

So now I ask you guys this question:

Do you prefer herbal remedies to non-herbal remedies and why?

I put this in the health and beauty section as it does relate to health!

3 Likes

I got no idea what Ibuprofen is. but some people are crazy stupid about that herbal remedies. thinking it can cure stuff it cant. like measels polio cancer.

there is nothing wrong with take a cup of honey tea for sore throat but if you think a bit essential oils is better than a vaccine you are beyond stupid.

1 Like

Ibuprofen is a painkiller like paracetamol except it focuses more on muscles.

1 Like

okay. properly like the Iprem. I take for mensturation cramps

1 Like

I’ve never really tried herbal remedies. I’m prone to headaches, so I always have Advil (over the counter ibuprofen) on me.

2 Likes

I’m going to tag @Chocolate_Mama because if I remember rightly she uses herbal remedies :thinking:

1 Like

Thanks for the tag!

I am a fan of more herbal remedies I mean the non ones like the store bought medicines make me actually feel worse but whenever I use the herbal remedies or just a more natural way it always helps me feel way more better. I can go deeper with certain things helping with depression as well. But it’s all Gucci tho

3 Likes

That’s interesting, I know that some people do react better with more herbal treatments (although it does depend what it is) for example a friend of mine was having trouble sleeping due to anxiety so he used this herbal thing called Valerian, plus I know that restless babies are reccomendes to use lavendar so for that kind of thing herbal remedies can be quite useful.

1 Like

I always think herbal remedies should be a first port of call. If I can soothe my throat with some honey and lemon, I’d rather than than medicine. But I think it’s ridiculous for people to act like proper medicine isn’t necessary or shouldn’t be used!

3 Likes

Yeah I’ve heard of using that to help with babies but it’s like herbal things are way more natural for our body. Especially way more better then those man made medicines they try to give people.

1 Like

Be wary of snakeoil salesmen and placebo cures. Certain natural elements are incredibly good for our bodies in a multitude of different ways, others do absolutely nothing.

We can tell the difference, with science. The same thing that made more official tested medicines. Of course, over-reliance on medicine is a hard no-go, and is even heavily discouraged by healthcare professionals where a homemade remedy would do the trick.

But thinking some essential oil can help combat a serious infection is pure lunacy :man_shrugging: Before antibiotics, an infection was the easiest way to die, and herbal remedies didn’t really help. People who say they do are trying to sell you something or recruit you into their pyramid scheme

1 Like

I think you should always go for a herbal remedy before medication and drugs.
Antibiotics can only work so many times before they become unaffective on your body - don’t waste them when there is a much more natural way of healing :green_heart:

I mean… Anything that helps me feel better

1 Like

I find that herbal teas make me feel better when I’m ill. I’m not sure if that’s a placebo or not!

1 Like

Your default should always be herbal. It’s natural and non-herbal is drugs. If you use drugs too much they won’t be effective when you really need them

Bump :blue_heart:

Well I grew up on both and I must say Herbal remedies worked way better for me than the non herbal stuff. Mind you I grew up in a culture where it’s really common especially back in the day so the effects were already known to me and my family.

Maybe it’s because I hate the taste of liquid medicine I just felt as if it worked better. Cerassee and croton leaf were definitely my favourite for coughs. Ginger and Peppermint were great for stomach pain. There are so many more that I simply don’t know the name of though. I’ve also heard of people using neem, fever grass and breadfruit leaves, never tried those though :thinking: But my favourite thing about natural medicine is that theres no side effects…usually

1 Like

I eat healthy food mostly of the time but sometimes my family eat a cookie cake during birthday.

1 Like

Closed due to inactivity :black_heart: