Discussion: Illegal Downloading of Music

The downloading isn’t the issue, and pretending it is won’t get anyone anywhere. Don’t punish people for downloading the music, punish the people who distribute the illegal versions :hearts:

2 Likes

Indeed

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t condone downloading music illegally since it is their work they worked on her. The only time I’m okay with it is if the song is no longer available to actually buy or in a different region where you can’t buy it from.

It’s not a huge crime but it’s still not right. It’s illegal for a reason. If everyone downloaded music illegally, artists wouldn’t make any money and they wouldn’t be able to work with music full time. Bigger artist probably aren’t affected by this as much because they earn tons of money from other things as well (music videos, concerts, ads, tv etc.) but it could be a problem for smaller and up and coming artists. It’s always good to support artists you like so that they can continue with their work.

1 Like

Added #youtube tag!

1 Like

I’ve never done it myself, but it’s definitely an interesting issue. I think there are definitely some cases where it wouldn’t be super harmful, but I think that selling stuff is also important for artists.

@Music What do you think about this? Is it okay?

And have you ever illegally downloaded music? :eyes:

1 Like

Technically no, but I understand why students do it.

Yeah, I did when I was in school, but now I pay for it to support the music industry.

1 Like

Closed due to inactivity