Discussion: Inside Out (Pixar)

Well since our weekly theme is emotions/feelings I thought I’d open up a discussion about the movie inside out. For those of you who don’t know, it shows the emotions inside of a little girls head, psychology classes even use it as a way of helping the students understand the mind of a child.

I actually quite like the movie, although I did fall asleep during it :joy:. So feel free to discuss it here.

9 Likes

It was funny, but not very realistic :eyes::sparkles:

2 Likes

Why does Riley have male and female emotions and yet her parents have male or female?

3 Likes

Well I guess it was realistic enough for psychology classes :joy:. But I see what you mean, they missed out some emotions although that could be to imply the feelings you gain as you grow.

6 Likes

Well one theory is that the Mum and Dad aren’t going through puberty anymore but Riley’s hormones haven’t settled which gives her emotions different genders.

2 Likes

I love that movie! :smiley::rose::two_hearts:

I like looking at the islands, lol. :joy:

6 Likes

I wanna go to them

3 Likes

Same! :rose::two_hearts:

2 Likes

I like the film.

1 Like

Yeah same it’s kinda nice

2 Likes

It’s heartwarming somehow.

3 Likes

I enjoy it a lot, it makes me very emotional, personally. And the film was actually made with the help of very renowned psychologists who have deep interests in emotions, the emotional range shown was created through this method, so it’s actually a lot deeper than people give it credit for.

The idea of maturity being when these emotions start to blend and bleed into each other is also interesting, I feel

7 Likes

I like the fact that all of the Dads emotions are anger

4 Likes

It’s a good film!

2 Likes

Ι have to say it was way too dramatic for a kid to watch becoz i was only 11 when i watched it and i was crying omg i don’t think i can watch it again.

2 Likes

I really liked the movie! I love Amy appealed and all of the voice actors!!!

That’s super interesting! I need to rewatch it!

1 Like

I love this movie! I always thought I had little workers in my head (after seeing that Spongebob episode lol) so this movie is one of my favs!

1 Like

I really like this movie. The end always makes me cry. I know what she goes through, when she tried to hide her sadness. Then she just breakdown and cry. But there is someone who is always there. Jesus is here with me.

2 Likes

Bump.

I love Inside Out. I watched it around four times. :rofl::white_heart: I almost cried. :cry::white_heart:

2 Likes

I never realized until afterward that this might be about a girl with depression.

1 Like