Discussion: Instrumental Music

So, time for a new little discussion, this time I wanted to do a discussion on instrumental music, in special the question if instrumental music could be commercially successful and just in general what your opinion is on it?

I often listen to instrumental music when I’m studying or reading, but idk, I don’t think it can really be a commercial success cause in some way it’s less recognizable and less connected with whoever made it if that makes sense :thinking:

3 Likes

I’m going to give an odd answer. I don’t think it can be commercially successful but I do like when the bands I like put random instrumental filler tracks, it really sets the tone of the album and it’s so atmospheric.

However going into the past when instrumental music was successful, it may somehow make it’s way back.

1 Like

I like instrumental music, and I do think it has the potential to be successful. Look at artists like Casiopea, Idris Muhammad, Duke Ellington and Louis Armstrong, and even Toshiki Kadomatsu. All were successful in the genre of jazz fusion which has heavily contributed to today’s music. Yellow Magic Orchestra is a legendary band as well

Closed due to inactivity