Discussion: Julie and the Phantoms

Julie and the Phantoms is a new release on Netflix, based on the Brazilian tv show Julie e os Fantasmos. It’s about a girl named Julie who finds her passion for music while helping the Phantoms become the band they never could be due to their untimely deaths. The show stars Madison Reyes as Julie, Charlie Gillespie as Luke, Jeremy Shada as Reggie, and Owen Joyner as Alex. If you haven’t watched it yet, I’d highly recommend it. Use this thread to discuss anything related to the show!

4 Likes

This sounds like something I’d really enjoy to watch but I don’t have Netflix :sob:

3 Likes

I’m obsessed with Jatp. I can’t stop re watching it and listening to the soundtrack on Spotify. I really want any of the cast members to notice me but still no luck

3 Likes

I love listening to the soundtrack!!

I follow the official Instagram account and I’m trying to see if my mom will let me buy a Sunset Curve t shirt from Hot Topic!

2 Likes

I haven’t watched this one yet. Its been a while since it came out so have any more @NetflixJunkies seen it?

2 Likes

It’s actually been exactly one year since it came out!

(I follow their instagram account)

2 Likes

:joy: wow what a coincidence that I found this thread to bump exactly a year after it came out then

2 Likes

:joy:

It’s still a really awesome show and if you haven’t seen it yet, I highly recommend that you do.

2 Likes

Is it good? What would you rate it?

It’s a really good show (or at least I think so), definitely a 10/10 if you enjoy musical tv shows.

1 Like

It rocks! I watched it back in February, and now I’m watching it all over again. I love musical TV shows, so that’s what attracted me to it. The characters, the humor, and the music are amazing, and the mysteries keep me hooked. I’m seriously hoping for a second season.

What’s everyone’s favorite songs? I like “Edge of Great” and “Wake Up”.

2 Likes

Okay, as you both say this, I’ll add it to my list!

1 Like

WOW! I feel that a young @Caticorn has a lot to answer for. (jokingly shaking my head) You told me it was a amazing show and so I added it to my list. Then I decided to give episode one a go about an hour later, and SUDDENLY, I’ve binged watched the whole season.
How could you?! You made addicted! Also, I have a MAJOR crush on Reggie. (wink)

3 Likes

I did the exact same thing :joy:

1 Like

BAHAHA! When you watch it or yesterday?

1 Like

When I first watched it

1 Like

Basically it’s a Disney Channel style of acting, but when serious it goes serieus and it has good music, like actual good music.

2 Likes

Ooooh… yeah, though a little predictable, it was far too good to turn off. HA.

1 Like

The music was EPIC.

1 Like

It really is

I have the soundtrack downloaded and pretty much all the songs have made it onto my playlist

1 Like