Discussion: Maladaptive daydreaming

you’re hot cop

Omg this is so relatable like mine just happens-
Whenever i’m like watching a show or movie or smth and theres this scene i really like i just drift into my daydream and play out something similar to that scene in my daydream-

1 Like

WAIT OH MY GOD I DO THIS TOO

I JUST START WALKING FOR NO REASON

2 Likes

WHILE DAYDREAMING SM??

2 Likes

YES

2 Likes

I adds two tags

3 Likes

It seems so fascinating.

2 Likes

@anon93806337 look at this thread :eyes:

3 Likes

I daydream in a healthy amount about different scenarios. Similar to my sleep dreams, I barely daydream about myself. Most of the time, my daydreams involve different people doing certain things. It also makes me absent-minded sometimes.

Some people even catch talking to myself while daydreaming, but it’s actually just acting out what the characters in my daydream would say :sweat_smile:

So far, my daydreaming has never affected me in a negative way yet. And thank you for the info!

3 Likes

Hii yes, MD has always been an interesting topic for me totally not because it’s basically psychology this is a great discussion to have! I daydream a lot, but I don’t think I have it-

While daydreaming may be a form of coping, I think it’s actually worrying because of the productivity privileges it takes away from you :triumph: I daydream, and that already takes away the time I should be productive, so imagine excessively daydreaming.

I actually don’t remember and how :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

AND LIEK DO YOU DO SM DAYDREAMING THAT YOU CAN’T STOP IT LIKE-
YOU JUST CANT STOP IT FROM HAPPRNING SM???

1 Like

… I- I do this a lot…

2 Likes

Omg samee
My ‘MC’ in my world totally doesnt look like me-
Its like- of how i wanted to look-

AhYess thats goodd :star_struck:

Omg samee-

YESS SMSM
THATS LIKE OME OF THE NEGATIVE THINGS ABOUT MD SM
AND LIKE YOU WANNA BE PRPDUCTIVE BUT JUST CANT-

4 Likes

Same… we have the same skin and eye color but she looks different than me and acts differently. She is popular and is an influencer.

She does things I am afraid to do, talks about topic I am afraid to touch and is so cool :sob: :persevere:

2 Likes

I often daydream and come back and not know what the person was saying. Not to self diagnose though, but I can relate.

2 Likes

Hey, @Psychologists, what do you think about this? :eyes:

4 Likes

That’s a normal occurrence in any human’s day. For it to be less than normal it would have to occur way too frequently and you are highly deep in your thoughts/ experience it in an extreme.

3 Likes

Truee smmm

1 Like

I forgot to tag them :man_dancing::man_dancing::man_dancing::star_struck::star_struck::star_struck::star_struck:

2 Likes

oh yeah tumblr told me abt this

chile get it together, make some irl friends, even online will do more for u than imaginary

2 Likes

sounds a lot like me

1 Like