Discussion: Maladaptive daydreaming

Maladaptive daydreaming, also called excessive daydreaming, is a proposed diagnosis of a disordered form of dissociative absorption associated with excessive fantasy that is not recognized by any major medical or psychological criteria. It can result in distress, can replace human interaction and may interfere with normal functioning such as social life or work.
^^^Stolen from google because im bad at explaining :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Soooo it basically is a mental disorder (tho it has not been classified as a mental disorder in the DSM of mental disorders) which occur’s in people’s lives that have suffered from trauma

Your brain creates your own imaginary world to not let you get depressed and make it like- as an escape from reality :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

And i think its fascinating how someone can literally have their own world inside their head like woahhh, the characters i’ve imagined look really really realistic and thats literally amazing omg-

But it also affects alot of daily tasks like being productive and it can also affect your social life alot like it has mine :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I started doing it in 2018 damn its been 2 yearsss wowowowowo unbelievalebehue sm

So like-
When you’re maladaptive daydreaming, you often tend to make hand gestures, act out the character’s movements and expressions, whisper or say out loud dialogues and alot of people also tend to roam around alot while daydreaming AND HONESTLY I DOO IT TOO I ALWAYS WALK REALLY FAST AND ZONE OUT WHILE DAYDREAMING IDK m

My daydreaming has been so bad lately i just cant seem to do it right its messy-

I once also tried to start another world but that failed because i couldnt even balance it with my current world sm

Sooo before knowing that something like thsi existed i honestly thought i was a weirdo because i made people in my head but after finding out that alot of people do it i was like :sob::sob: “IM NOT ALONE YEET” and taht made me feel alot better about myself

Summary

I would’ve shared how my world is like BUT IM EMBARRASED OK- BUT MALADAPUTIVEEJFHDN DAYDREAMERS IF YALL ARE READING THIS THEN DONT FEEL EMBARRASED ABOUT HOW YOUR WORLD IS LIKE OK THERES NOTHING TO BE EMBARRASED AVOUT THAT APPRECIATE YOURSELF BECAUSE U HAVE A WHOLE FRIKING WORLD INSIDE YOUR HEAD WITH PPL IN IT BE PROUD OF YOUR IMAGINATION OK

Here are some videos that state alot of other facts about MD

So time for some questions because yes :grinning:

What are your opinions on MD?
Did you know about MD before this thread existed? if so then How did you found out about it?
Do you know some people who maladaptive daydream? Or do you think you do it yourself?

@Discussions

Also sorry if i said something wrong about it its like 2am what did u expect from me-

9 Likes

Oh my, this is fascinating. Thank you for educating me about this

4 Likes

Ahh np lol
Tho i feel like i’m not fully educated about this topic even tho i do it myself
I mean i do have experience of how its like but still dont know some things- :star_struck: but i tried to include everything i knew-

2 Likes

I have some imaginary friends of mine in an imaginary world which is super-duper cool with lot of free food and break from studies. Does that count? :eyes:

And thanks for the information :cowboy_hat_face::pray:

3 Likes

Hmm depends tbh
Like do you ever do one of these

DO YOU DO ANY OF THESE WHILE IMAGINING IT SM

3 Likes

YES I DO IT SM I HAVE DISORERD

3 Likes

CLONE SM-
Woah-

I mean nobody has diagnosed me and I don’t think I have it, but I do daydream a lot :grinning: Also, I often tend to ignore irl because it’s boring and just start to live in my head-

3 Likes

NO SELF DIAGNOSINGEH SM

3 Likes

Yess daydreaming is common sm but if you like do it alot of hours a day then it might be- y’know-
I CANT FORM WORDS WOWOWOWOWO CRACC BRAIN RN

2 Likes

Also i recommend yall to watch the videoo it explains about more things and much better-

2 Likes

I do it days an hour :man_dancing:

BUT YEAH CRAC HOUR DOESN’T LET YOU FORM WORDS I CAN’T EITHER

2 Likes

Wow majishian

BUT TALK TO SOMEONE ABOUT IT IF YOU REALLY FEEL LIKE YOU DO IT OK

Also can you like-
Kindaaa hear voices- not literally but it feels like u can hear voices of the like dialogues- yss really cant form words k bye

2 Likes

IDK IF I HAVE IT THOUGH, I CAN CONTROL WHEN I DAYDREAM

I JUST DO IT A LOT BECAUSE PROCRASTINATION AND IRL IS BORING MOST OF THE TIME

2 Likes
some of the most relatable things i've seen which are related to this omg cri

ALSO SONGS CAN INFLUENCE DAYDREAMS PLOTS AND SCENES OK ITS LIKE MOVIE FOR ME IN MY OWN HEAD :man_dancing::man_dancing::man_dancing::man_dancing::man_dancing:

2 Likes

YEAH WHEN U DO MALADAPTIVE DAYDREAMING YOU USUALLY CANT CONTROL IT WATCH THE SECOND VIDEO IT TALKS ABOUT THIS TOO SM

2 Likes

I DON’T WATCH VIDEOS SO I JUST GOOGLED IT

2 Likes

OH WHY NO WATCH VIDEOS SMHSM
NO DONT REPLY OFF TOPIC
WOW

2 Likes

Ok this is actually interesting, and I didn’t know this

3 Likes

Yess ikr it is sm interestingwowowowo
wow shookyliked post majik

2 Likes

Am I famuz now

I have a friend who constantly, constantly daydreams and she would tell me how deep the daydreams are and how she would even daydream in class. I wonder if she could possibly have it? Maybe not, but she would tell me how deep and detailed they are and how often she does it without meaning to

2 Likes