DISCUSSION: Marriage and Having Children

Would you like to get married and have children?

This is a topic that may be controversial because people have very divided opinions about it. Feel free to express your opinion, respecting the opinions of others who may think or feel differently. :sunflower: :coffee: :yellow_heart: :sparkles:

Have you ever thought about getting married, or do you not believe in marriage?
Would you like to have your own children, or have you considered other alternatives such as adoption? Or maybe you donā€™t want kids at all. Is there a reason you would or wouldnā€™t want to have children?

My personal opinion.
To be completely honest, for years it wasnā€™t my priority.
Even though I like kids, I was always surrounded by kids at work so I didnā€™t feel that I needed to take on the responsibility of having my own kids. As for marriage, I do believe it in but since I do not feel the need to have sex, I wasnā€™t stressed about finding a romantic partnerā€” though I always believed that if I ever do, marriage would be the end result.

However, my perspective has changed on that this past year. Since schools were closed, I havenā€™t been working with kids, and I havenā€™t been able to interact with my relatives either since late February. This is something I wasnā€™t prepared for, and now I really would like to have my own kids.

17 Likes

One day I would love to get married if itā€™s with really the right person and itā€™s a stable relationship for a longer time.

If I want kids, which I want, I would have to look at the alternatives cause I wonā€™t be able to have my ā€˜ownā€™ children.

I do want kids, cause I absolutely adore children and simply saw myself being a parent from a relatively young age, but I wouldnā€™t want them myself cause I would be scared of the pregnancy and labor.

6 Likes

Iā€™m pretty much a hopeless romantic
So yes I do want to get married at some point in my life
I understand people who donā€™t believe in marriage but itā€™s also not an issue that really bothers me

Iā€™m still not sure
But I think I want both
Like, biological and adopted

No shade but my mum kind of sucks at being a parent
And she always told me not to do this to myself and not to have kids
Which is exactly why I want kids even more
I guess I just want to be a good mother if that makes any sense?
I always wanted to have a child at some point though.

3 Likes

I truly donā€™t see myself in a marriageā€¦ As of now (and Iā€™m already 26). I donā€™t know, I donā€™t see how I can live with someone else other than my family for my whole life. And even to take care of other person other than me. It just seems like a hassle and maybe Iā€™m just an egoistical b*tch lol but idk if itā€™s because I havenā€™t find someone Iā€™m willing to risk all my freedom for.

Not to mention that my Grandma has 5 kids. My grandma is a divorced widow. Her 5 kids (my dad is the 2nd) are all separated (3 by divorce, 1 by death, the last one is in the middle of a divorce) so I donā€™t really see why I need to get married other than to avoid social stigma of unmarried woman in her 30s.

As of now, I donā€™t really think I can bear the burden of thinking about my childrenā€™s future. I donā€™t want them to suffer because I canā€™t give them a proper life or anything :thinking: Iā€™m still content with living with my 3 cats lol

In conclusionā€¦ Would you like to get married and have children? Not anytime soon.

1 Like

my answer: noā€¦

but in all seriousness id probably not get married but i do want to have adopted kidsā€¦ oops i meant one kid

3 Likes

I really want to get married someday in the future. Thankfully, I can actually get married in my country!

I want to adopt. Thereā€™s so many kids out there who need a loving home and adopting/fostering is something Iā€™ve been interested in for a while now.

Iā€™ve always entertained the notion of being a parent, but I know that I donā€™t intend on physically having them myself, given my gender identity.

2 Likes

Personally, I definitely want to get married and have children one day. School is just whatā€™s important for now. After school, I can then look to date and hopefully fall in love with the right guy.

I would want to have my own children, but I wouldnā€™t be opposed to other possibilities or adoption as well. Either way I definitely want kids (at least two) one day when Iā€™m older.

1 Like

Yes to the marrying, not sure if I want kids though. :sweat_smile: Iā€™m leaning towards the no and would rather have pets instead. :joy:

Thatā€™s the thing, if I ever change my mind about having kids I would definitely adopt. With the career path Iā€™m planning, it just wouldnā€™t be convenient to be pregnant for 9 months. And even after kids, as a pilot, youā€™d be traveling a lot. :eyes:

2 Likes

Iā€™ve always dreamed of getting married but Iā€™m slowly starting to think Iā€™ll be alone for a while. I guess this is just due to me not really looking for anyone, aside from me saying that I want someone :joy:
I do believe in it, I just know that if I do get married it has to be with the right person

I love kids and I reallly want my own. Iā€™ve almost always considered adoption and I most likely will adopt on in the future. I have no idea how many kids I want but I know I definitely want to adopt

4 Likes

When I was much younger I really thought marriage was something that I wanted but as I got older I understood marriage isnā€™t something the world paints it to be. In some marriages thereā€™s abuse- physical, mental, verbal etc- and I donā€™t want that. There are people who can be oppressive and believe the only thing a woman is good for is house care and child birth- I donā€™t want that. Women are more than birthing machines and housewives.

If I were ever to get married, Iā€™d want a violence free marriage and someone who would understand that my careers comes before any other thing or person. If I donā€™t find anyone who can understand or fulfil this then Iā€™m destined to be married to my work.

If I donā€™t get married Iā€™d still love to have children. Give them all the love and affection thatā€™s buried deep down in my soul just waiting to flourish. I have considered adoption but Iā€™d still like to give birth, so maybe Iā€™d have a sperm donor but it has to be someone I trust and now. (And I donā€™t mean a family member)

6 Likes

I donā€™t know about the marriage, the whole thing would be expensive but I would prob have the money for that since Iā€™m pretty ambitious and the things that I want to do would pay pretty much. Finding the right guy would be hard.

I would want to have my own children. Because at least I would have humans that I have to care about as long as theyā€™re not doing anything wrongā€¦

1 Like

I believe in marriage and I want to get married someday!
i love the idea of mushing last names together but i feel like id regret that lol

i understand why like you wouldnt believe in marriage but like after we get the law involved you cant escape my grasp :smiling_imp:

ik i want at least one bio kid to see what they would look like :joy: and keep the bloodline going or whatever, and then the rest i want to adopt if i can
i want kids more than i wanna get married and im like a romantic so says alot
i love little peopleeeeeeee
and also, thereā€™s alot of people on the planet, so iā€™d like to put in my little grain of sand and work with what weā€™ve got instead of starting something else, actually, i love small children, but i would like to adopt an older kid if that opportunity came up.

weā€™ll have alot of cats, i know it, and my bio kid, (or the first bio kid idk) will be a boy, i prefer x chromosome vibe men, but i think the one for me is a y. i sound a lil nutty rn but idc. i only like men that are :cancer:s, isa rule. heā€™ll b a dog person but i will convert him

4 Likes

I have always wanted to get married!

I donā€™t really like kidsā€¦ Iā€™m really bad with kidsā€¦ But I would like to have my own.

2 Likes

THE BOOKS HAVE SET THE STANDARDS TOO HIGH!!

understatement

awwwwww michi

#TEAMBOTH

*sweaty fortnite dancing * w-hat

4 Likes

Not on my watch :sunglasses:

4 Likes

SO TRUEEEEE!

4 Likes

Facts

3 Likes

dont cross it out

2 Likes
  1. Have you ever thought about getting married, or do you not believe in marriage?

Tbh, I really donā€™t think about getting married, I do believe in marriage though.

1. Would you like to have your own children, or have you considered other alternatives such as adoption?

Adoption is fine, but having children by birth, no, Iā€™m not ready for that.

2b. Or maybe you donā€™t want kids at all. Is there a reason you would or wouldnā€™t want to have children?

The reason i donā€™t want to having children is because, okay, here is short story, since my mom told me she was pregnant with my brother. I was excited, and now our journey begins with her pregnancy. Iā€™ve been with her every step of the way when the father wasnā€™t, everything shes been through, I thought about it when it comes to having kids. Doctors appointments, exercising, healthy eating, pains, etc. When the time came for the baby, few days out of the hospital and were taking care of him, the really exhausting thing when taking care/raising children is crying and seeing them growing to their toddler stage, because its going to be much rough and its like when u hear them cry early early in the morning, you havenā€™t gotten enough sleep/rest. Raising kids, are hard, and not easy.

So everything weā€™ve been through, i have thought about but clearly I am not ready for marriage and children, because I am taking care of myself first, because there are some things that I need to do to get off myself, its gonna take time, and I can wait very long, for marriage and children. Not rushing anything.

1 Like

I want to get married someday if I find a partner at least but I donā€™t think I need a partner to have kids, if I feel Iā€™m ready for kids Iā€™ll just adopt. I have this fear of having my ā€œownā€ kids because I have 1- emetophobia and a common symptom of pregnancy ig is nausea and vomitting and I also have this fear of things going out of my control at least with my body and pregnancy is exactly that soā€¦ a nope from me. So yeah unless I get rid of my fears you wonā€™t see me having my ā€œownā€ kids any time soon.

1 Like