Discussion: Motivation

Motivation involves the biological, emotional, social, and cognitive forces that activate behavior. In everyday usage, the term “motivation” is frequently used to describe why a person does something. It is the driving force behind human actions.
Motivation doesn’t just refer to the factors that activate behaviors; it also involves the factors that direct and maintain these goal-directed actions (though such motives are rarely directly observable). As a result, we often have to infer the reasons why people do the things that they do based on observable behaviors.

There are three major components to motivation: activation, persistence, and intensity . Activation involves the decision to initiate a behavior. Persistence is the continued effort toward a goal even though obstacles may exist.

Some questions…

• What do you think motivates you?
  • How do you stay motivated?
  • What stops or reduces your motivation?
  • Can a lack of motivation have a negative impact on you?
3 Likes

I have no motivation :smiley:
I bully myself into each and every task outside of writing and the forums

1 Like

Mood.

1 Like

Wow I thought this was about the song

Well
What is this I don’t have :grinning:

1 Like

Let’s discuss the song then :grinning:
-and om why am I now seeing this sklslksjsk :see_no_evil:

@Discussions How do you motivate yourself to get stuff done?

3 Likes

My motivation is that everything I do is something I want, so I have to work for it.

And if it’s something I do want, then mom will give it for a few more days

2 Likes

I don’t, I procrastinate.

1 Like

For me it’s not motivation that makes me procrastinate, it’s lack of concentration but I still feel ya.

1 Like

Con-cen-tra-tion? What is this word? I must fail at it so hard that I don’t even know the definition. HA

1 Like

I have motivation right now, but my anxiety is killing me. My boyfriend invited me for karaoke, and I need a song.

Um idk, if it’s smth like chores, I had to do them today. But my teacher gave me homework so I felt stressed out to do it. I might do it today, if not tomorrow. :relieved:

1 Like

I’ve learned to accept that I will get demotivated and not do stuff and not clean and not do work… and it’s not my fault. It’s literally my debilitating adhd that rules my life until I find the right meds to balance me out and actually enjoy life and have routines. If I’m off my meds, I legit don’t eat breakfast or lunch and just have dinner, I can’t get to sleep, I can’t clean, I can’t concentrate… etc. Never realized just how bad it was till now lol.

Closed due to inactivity