DISCUSSION: Nicknames

What do you think about nicknames?
Do you like giving them, receiving them, or calling people by their nicknames?
Do you have a nickname? If so, do you like it?

Here’s my take on nicknames: I don’t like calling people by a nickname that I didn’t come up with for them, unless they introduced themselves with that name, or other people I know referred to them with that nickname before I met them. Otherwise, I call them by their name or a nickname I’ve invented for them.
I don’t have a specific nickname. People usually call me by my name, or a shortened version of my name.
My mom and I often give people secret nicknames when we’re talking about them, usually based on something they say or something that reminds us of them.

6 Likes

Moved to #general-chat:debate lol!

Nicknames are rad, I love them.

1 Like

Nicknames are awesome

1 Like

I think it’s kinda cute lol unless it has a bad meaning to it

It depends on the person who likes it or not. If they like it then sure but if don’t I can respect that

I think my name “Kiara” is actually not a nickname but is my alter ego. (XD that’s not my real name :P)
I do have a nickname called “trash” because I once did a buzzfeed quiz with my friend which called “how many % trash are you” and I got 100%. Then my friend basically called me trash as a joke. Honestly I didn’t mind because I thought it is funny too.

1 Like

I like them lol
@Lyn.owo get over here pebble

Uh
I mean froggy (close friends only)
and I seem to have been dubbed as phrog by multiple peeps here
one or two very close friends call me kiddo. but if anyone else tries that I will bite them /hj

1 Like

I enjoy the idea of nicknames!

I never give nicknames, receive them or call ppl by them yet

No unless it’s a shortened version of my username

I liek my username nickname

Closed due to inactivity