Discussion: piano/keyboard

Discussion: piano/keyboard

Let’s discuss basically 2 of my favorite instruments, the piano and keyboard :musical_keyboard:

The keyboard was one of the first instruments I learned to play. I basically taught myself how to do it. Since a while I’ve found my passion for it again, and I just wanted to make a thread about it. As always I have some questions:

• Have you ever played a keyboard?
  • Have you ever played on a piano?
  • If you played on both, do you have a preference on which to play? And preference in sound?
  • If you can play, can you play with 2 hands?
  • Do you remember the first song you learned on it?
  • Which is your favorite song to play on it?

My answers

Have you ever played a keyboard?

Yeah, actually I own one. A Yamaha PSR-500

Have you ever played on a piano?

I have, but just a handful of times

If you played on both, do you have a preference on which to play? And preference in sound?

It felt special to play on a piano, I like the sound way better, but I think it’s slightly easier to play on a keyboard and you have way more options.

If you can play, can you play with 2 hands?

Kinda, I’m starting to learn that again but it’s not easu

Do you remember the first song you learned on it?

Which is your favorite song to play on it?

Uhm, honestly, one I’ve been practicing with recently, für elise, I love the returning really fast part… I’m not there yet that I can do it on actual speed but I got the notes and stuff. Just for anyone who doesn’t know their classics:

https://youtu.be/_mVW8tgGY_w

3 Likes

Yes

Yes

The piano because it sounds more elegant

Yes

I think some old song

I don’t play on it anymore… i took like 6 years of lessons. then quit

Hey!

Yup! During my music classes.

Yup! I have a Kawai piano currently.

I prefer piano! Especially when you are a beginner, your finger composure is way better on the piano. Sounds from the piano are way better, especially in playing classical music. Keyboard may be an advantage here, as you can set the music etc

Yup! It’s been years I had been playing one, but currently I’m not playing too often due to studies and work.

The usual nursery rhymes, and for a classical piece, it will be the one and only Beethoven’s Fur Elise.

Beethoven’s Moonlight Sonata movt 1 and 2. I still can’t get the grip for the 3rd movement. I really wish I could :sweat_smile:
And Mozart’s Turkish March
And Pachabel’s Canon in D (The original version)
And so many more classical ones

I even took the UK examination for piano. But its been 7 years since I stopped!

Yeah. I used to take piano lessons, but because the teacher went to different schools different days of the week, they used keyboards for the lessons.

Yeah! My family owns a Yamaha piano and I’ve also used the pianos at my school for various purposes.

I prefer pianos. They have a fuller sound.

Yes, I can!! It takes some practice when I’m learning a new piece, but I can play Ode to Joy from memory using both hands.

It was a long time ago, but I’m pretty sure it was Mary Had A Little Lamb

Ode to Joy and the intros from Screen and Welcome to the Black Parade

Yes, I have my own keyboard and played it for about 12 years

Yes, I don’t have one but I can’t resist playing when I see one :smile:

I prefer the keyboard, just because it’s easier :joy:

Yes!

All my little ducklings :smile_cat:

Right now, it’s Hanging Tree, because it’s easy and it sounds really cool

Guess what’s battery powered!~

Oh, I’ve never played the piano but that’s one of my biggest wishes. It’s such a beautiful instrument…

Closed due to inactivity :two_hearts: