Discussion: Picture Books

When you see picture books you think of kids’ stories mostly but some picture books can be for adults as well. Flip Art books are another form of picture book that tells a story depending on what the images show. Most picture books use both visual and verbal cues to tell the story. There are many books such as Clifford the Big Red Dog, Doctor Seus, and other books like that.

Have you ever read a picture book? Did you ever try to make your own? Have you found some adult books like this that you enjoy?

@/Discussions

2 Likes

I don’t like picture books…

1 Like

Eh I don’t care for them either. I like manga and comics more so. Picture books are cute when you have kids around you.

1 Like

And it’s very boring.

1 Like

I used to really like picture books but when I learned to read, I didn’t find them interesting anymore. I just remember trying to write down the stories to the picture books when I learned to write :smile_cat:

1 Like

Yeah, I they really can be.

1 Like

Yeah, I use to do the same when I was younger. I actually learned how to read from Archie Comics. I really loved that series back then. Most of the other picture books were before the Archie comics though.

1 Like

I think picture books can be gorgeous I mean, what is manga other than good picture books? (I’m joking)

@Bookworms what do you guys think?

Fixed a tag and emoji

I read this one picture book called Sweep by Louise Greig and absolutely loved it
The illustrations, the message, everything :heart:

1 Like

Nice, I don’t think I ever heard of that name before.

1 Like

I saw it on Pinterest once, so found it at my library
Absolutely recommend :heart:

1 Like

Nice, I might check that one out at a later time!

1 Like