Discussion: Pokémon

For many late-90s/early-00s kids, Pokemon cards were a popular item. You traded them on the school yard (unless your school banned them) and had Pokémon tournaments with friends. This thread is for discussing everything related to the Pokémon card game!

• Did you have a preferred type or types?
  • Were you more of a collector or a battler?
  • If you did card battles, were you competitive or did you just play for fun?

Did you have a preferred type or types?

I mostly collected fairy types and dark types

Were you more of a collector or a battler?

I was definitely more of a collector. I did occasional Pokemon battles with my brothers, but that was about it.

If you did card battles, were you competitive or did you just play for fun?

I mostly did card battles for fun. It was something my brother and I could do together that we both enjoyed.

2 Likes

I only owned 2 cards, but they were some of my proudest possessions. An Eevee and a Ponyta.

When I was like 10 I had a best friend and when we were at her place we always played pokemon battles. She had like tons of cards and it was always so much fun. We just randomly picked like 3 cards both and kinda battled with our own rules, it was just really fun!

2 Likes

I never actually learned how to play the game, but my siblings had a lot of cards

I played the DS games! Gotta catch em all!

1 Like

My brother played the DS games, but I didn’t have one, so I couldn’t.

That sucks.

a lilllll weird ngl
like why u capturing these lil critters and making them fight
pokemen trafficking 2020

Yeah, I see your point.

like the pfp

Oh, thank you! Do you know who it is?

no but shes pretty

I believe it’s Hatsune Miku

okay cool lol

Hatsune Miku. Check out my Vocaloid thread if you want. We’re getting off topic, so I can pm you if you want.

1 Like

You beat me to it! :angry::joy:

1 Like

I recognized the pigtails. Not many popular characters have that colour pigtails

1 Like

You’re not wrong! I also drew a picture of her a year or so ago.

1 Like

Gotta catch em all!

This game was so overrated, lord.
I didn’t get the hype.

2 Likes

inhales slowly

1 Like