Discussion: Rubik's Cubes

Hi, y’all. Here we can discuss about the infamous Rubik’s (or Rubix) cubes :star_struck:

For those of you who dunno what I am talking about, fear not :grinning:

Face Reveal

We all must have come across a Rubix cube at some point in our life, right? The Rubik’s Cube is a 3-D combination puzzle invented in 1974 by Hungarian sculptor and professor of architecture Ernő Rubik (source: Wikipedia).

• Have you ever solved a Rubik’s cube successfully?
  • Was it hard to solve it?
  • How many Rubik’s cubes do you have?
  • Are there any tricks or algorithms you would like to share to solve it?
  • Do you think Rubik’s cubes should be introduced in educational institutes for Math or Architecture to help in brain development in students? Will it work?
3 Likes

No i gave up after spending some time on it smh

I HAVE NEVER SOLVED IT- but i feel lkke yeah it is-

None tho i think i used to have one before

:grinning:
I dont even know-

2 Likes

I solve one face then go to other and then solve it then go back to see that my first face got distorted again. All Efforts lost sm

2 Likes

SO RELATABLE :grinning::grinning::grinning:

2 Likes

Yes :nerd_face::nerd_face:

Nah, just google the algorithms

Like 12

I would, but I haven’t solved one since middle school

Ehhh, I mean it mostly relies on muscle memory but I guess it could be helpful in some situations

2 Likes

:grinning:
so many rich people smh

2 Likes

There is some kind of technique to easily solve it, but I’m too lazy to look it up :eyes::sparkles:

1 Like

RICHN’T

1 Like

There are some people who can solve it in just 6 seconds-

1 Like

True. The fastest recorded time ever was 3.47 seconds :eyes:

1 Like

Have you ever solved a Rubik’s cube successfully?

Yes I have

Was it hard to solve it?

No, I learned an algorithm for it and it was easy, just took time to remember certain moves.

How many Rubik’s cubes do you have?

I have 2 right now but I’m gonna buy a 4 by 4 and 5 by 5 and a speed cube to learn more and become faster.

Are there any tricks or algorithms you would like to share to solve it?

I think there is a beginner algorithm you can look up that starts with a cross of whatever side color you start on, and you solve through the 3 layers if it’s a 3 by 3.

Do you think Rubik’s cubes should be introduced in educational institutes for Math or Architecture to help in brain development in students? Will it work?

I would think if we added it into education it would only help the concept of dimensions and configuration which I’m sure is handy in some career.

1 Like

The friend that I learned from can solve it with his eyes closed in less than a minute. With both a 3x3 and 4x4.

1 Like

Ive never been able to solve one.

None.

I still can’t figure out how to solve it, but someone I know had a very specific pattern and could solve a 3x3 in probably a minute or less. He tried to show me once, but I still don’t understand how he did.

I’m not certain, but I could see it being beneficial

1 Like

Late but hiiii I love Rubik’s cubes!

Have you ever solved a Rubik’s cube successfully?

i have been able to solve the standard ones since i was 11, and solving them is one of my biggest comforts now that i’m 21

Was it hard to solve it?

it was before i understood how the algorithms worked, lots of trial and error. i managed to figure it out p quick tho

How many Rubik’s cubes do you have?

please allow me to show off my little collection

hehe cubes go brrr

Are there any tricks or algorithms you would like to share to solve it?

i’m a kinesthetic learner so that’d have to be in person haha
but if you know me irl hmu and i’ll teach you how

Do you think Rubik’s cubes should be introduced in educational institutes for Math or Architecture to help in brain development in students? Will it work?

yes, but only if it’s not a requirement, making a requirement would make it dreadful
tho i do agree that learning how to solve them helps a lot with logical processes, algorithms and 3d thinking

3 Likes

Omg that collection is rad awesome

1 Like

Your collection looks super cool :eyes:

Even now, I still can’t figure out how to solve a Rubik’s cube. I do now have a Rubik’s cube (a small 3x3) and I’ve sat working at it for a long time trying to figure out how to solve it. Yet, I can never seem to figure out how to get past one side being complete. I have even resorted to using online solvers to show me step by step how to complete it from whatever point I’m stuck on, but I still can’t seem to grasp how to do it on my own.

No

Just one

Sure :eyes:

Closed due to inactivity