Discussion: Scooby-Doo

One of my favourite things to watch is and always will be Scooby-Doo. A YouTuber called NerdSync has some really good videos about it too! Which I highly recommend checking out.

Now many of you will know about these meddling kids and their talking dog, but there seems to be no discussions about it here on the forum!

There’s been many iterations of Scooby-Doo since the show started in 1969 with "Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!’

Most recently the show Velma has been met with a lot of criticism.

So this thread is just to discuss all things Scooby-Doo, I’ll start you off with some questions:

• What is your favourite iteration of the show? Why?
  • Who is your favourite character? Why?
  • Do you enjoy watching it? Why/not?
3 Likes

For me this is always a tie between “What’s New Scooby-Doo?” And “Scooby-Doo: Mystery Incorporated”, it’s funny because it’s both for different reasons, I loved the fun cartoony mystery solving of ‘What’s New Scooby Doo’ plus in my opinion, the gang look their best here.

But Mystery Incorporated takes a slightly darker turn, some characters die and there’s a pretty sinister ongoing plotline, giving the series a canon as opposed to episodes acting in unison. There’s even a small Hellraiser reference in one of the episodes. Plus the style is pretty charming and really works for the different vibe it has.

Aside from Scooby himself, it’s probably Daphne. She started as a damsel in distress but as the iterations progressed she could find innovative solutions to get out of problems using just her make up, plus since Sarah Michelle Gellar played her in the movies, Daphne now takes a more active roll in being able to fight too.

Of course I enjoy watch it, it’s just mindless brain off fun that’s engaging enough to keep me occupied and entertained.

1 Like

Ahhh, I love Scooby Doo!

1 Like

Did you know that the “What’s New, Scooby Doo” theme was preformed by Simple Plan?

2 Likes

Of course! They were even in an episode!

3 Likes

Dude! I was stoked, because I love Simple Plan! Episode?

2 Likes

I love Scooby Doo!

I’ve only watched a few iterations.
"Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!’
“What’s New Scooby-Doo?”
“Scooby-Doo: Mystery Incorporated” (though, I believe I only watched the first season, but I liked how it had more of an overarching storyline)
And I’ve liked all of them so much. But, it has been a loooonnnng time since I’ve watched any scooby doo though

3 Likes

These are the ones I’ve seen. Also, Scooby Doo and Guess Who? Where a famous person guest stars.

2 Likes

For the longest time it was hard for me to find a place to watch all of them, I ended up buying them and didn’t regret it :joy:

Simple Plan and the Invisible Madman, Season 2 Episode 9

1 Like

Cool٫ thanks. There’s one with Alex Trebek too.

Just watched the episode! I jammed out٫ too.

1 Like

Personally i have a soft spot for the original as thats wat i grew up watching but Mystery Incorporated wasnt fhat bad actually

The 2000s remake was one i watched a lot

Scooby :slight_smile:

Yes, its funny, still rewatch it lol

Yes.

On that note scooby doo was part of the reason i got into kiss plus i love the Supernatural crossover episode

I loved the Dick Van Dyck episode

1 Like

Oh٫ I haven’t seen that one. I’m trying to find the Alex Trebek one.

1 Like