Discussion: Should teachers be paid as much as doctors?

Should teachers be paid as much as doctors? Why or why not?

To honest, I can’t really even think of ANY sort of answer for this one, this is pretty hard.

No…? I don’t think so? I mean they both involve treating lives but teachers don’t actually deal with surgeries, opening up bodies, taking blood, feeding medicine, dealing with endangered lives as much as doctors. I definitely think teachers should get a better amount in their paychecks but not more than what doctors should be given. Hard to say that though.

What about you @Debaters ?? What do you think? Would be interesting to hear some opinions.

6 Likes

How did this become a question in the first place? Both roles are vital, but comparing them seems like one of them should be better

2 Likes

I think maybe not as much as doctors that perform surgeries, because doctors that perform surgeries actually deal with life-or-death matters, but I do think we should be paid more because we transmit knowledge and many teachers are like second parents to our students. While parents take care of no more than five children at a time (although there are parents that have more kids, it isn’t as common), teachers are often responsible for more than twenty kids at once.
Furthermore, I think that all teachers should receive training in psychology to better understand the needs of our students and be able to help them at the moment.

So yes, teachers should definitely be paid much more.

2 Likes

Well teachers should be paid way more than they are paid but maybe not more than doctors? Especially people who do surgeries

I’m not too sure about that, but they should be paid more than they are.

Closed due to inactivity