Discussion: Sick of Authors Looking For Reasons Why Not Include Diversity 😒

Actually, Jewish women don’t cover their head like that.

2 Likes

Really? She’s orthodox so I was trying to see what I could do with the internet :stuck_out_tongue: what do you recommend?

1 Like

What do you mean “orthodox”? Like, she’s a haredi?

2 Likes

Yeah!

2 Likes

Maybe try the headwraps.

2 Likes

Though I have seen many Jewish women online wear headscarves like that online. Hijab like.

2 Likes

I’ll tell you like this: usually, the haredic women cover their heads either with a headscarf or a wig.
About their clothing’s color: depends on which hasidic group do they belong. There are: Breslov, Habad, Ger, etc. I am sure that you have seen many orthodox Jews who wore black and white. But, there are also haredim who don’t wear only on these color. There are hasidic groups whose members wear modern clothings, but modest.

examples of wigs as Jewish head covering

Haredic women usually wear short wigs, but there are some who wear long wigs:

images

Galit

The woman on the picture below is a haredic instagram celebrity. She’s belonging to the Habad group. I only knew about her after reading the weekend newspaper:

So, I recommend you to use the turban or one of the hairstyles as a wig.

2 Likes

If it is an orthodox.

2 Likes

Thanks!

2 Likes

I can say the words “wigs are religious”. :eyes:

2 Likes

You mean like this?

20190605_192930

If so, then the women who wear headwarps like hijab are part of the “Lev Tahor”, which is an ultra orthodox Jewish sect. They’re very radicals.
Even though, not many Jews are aware of it, so don’t use it.

1 Like

:eyes:

2 Likes

You have no idea what its members are going through

2 Likes

I saw some like that but others have worn the same regular Hijab that many Muslim women wear. I didn’t expect them to be radicals though. :woman_shrugging:t4:

2 Likes

What exactly?

1 Like

Not bad :smirk:

2 Likes

But to me, isn’t it kind of messed up to associate all Jewish women who choose to wear it as apart of their group? They could have just liked the look of it or to be proper, respectful, etc.

1 Like

Many children were abused and hit. I read about people whose family members were a part of Lev Tahor, and they have decided to bring them back, after finding out what they went through. Once the person becomes a member of that radical sect, he will almost not be able to see anyone of his close people. Or even he will not be able to see them at all.
Children who didn’t wake up on time for prayer, they would just beat them and leave them without food. Some former members who ran away from that sect testified to it.
Poor people :frowning::pensive:

1 Like

That’s sad. I didn’t know about that.

1 Like

Maybe some Jewish women would like to wear this way (Idk), but I believe they wouldn’t wear a headwarp like hijab. It may mislead people and make them think that they are Muslims.

1 Like