Discussion: Slasher and Monster films

So, I wanted to make this thread because it’s a fun topic to go over. I will admit I got a dark humor side because of which group I usually root for. This is making me laugh while I’m writing this! :joy: :rofl:

Monster Flicks:
Lake Placid - The Croc’s side obviously, I would never get into the water where I can’t see my feet.
Gremlins 1 & 2 (It counts!) - The Gremlins, evil adorable homicidal creatures get me every time. Especially Spike!
The Mummy - Humans side but Imhotep was a badass mummy!
The Mummy 2 - Pygmy Mummies, they are another evil adorable creatures. The one that jumps on that guy’s head is my favorite.
Jaws Series - I’m mixed on this one. If you are dumb enough to get eaten because you didn’t listen the I choose the shark but if you don’t see it coming then I go with the humans.
Tremors Series - Oh geez I’m with the Tremors and the old guy that always in each movie.
Godzilla Movies - Love the big guy! He is the king of monsters.
King Kong Movies - Kong is the one I care about the most.
The Ghost and The Darkness - The Lions are the ones I root for.
Aliens - The Aliens are usually my go-to other than Sigourney Weaver’s character.
Predator - The Predator is my choice usually since most people it kills are the dumb ones that think they can take them on. Also, they would dominate the world just like the Xenomorphs would.
Komodo Dragon - Humans side for some reason I can’t side with the Komodo.
Anaconda - Humans, snakes creep me out.
Eight Legged Freaks - the Humans! I made the mistake of watching this with my spider phobia…worst possible decision I ever made.

Slasher Films:
Jason - I usually side with both. The reason being the final character usually turns out well.
Freddie Krueger - Freddie, I’ve only seen this once.
Scream - Neve Campbells, Courtney Cox, and David Arquette characters
Halloween - Mike Myers.
I Know What You Did Last Summer - Jennifer Love-Hewitt’s character
Saw - Jigsaw’s side ironically, I can’t watch these on my own.

These are the ones that came to mind for me. Answer the questions below to see which you root for.

Do you root for the killer or the victims? Do you root for the monster or the victims? Why do you root for that group? Do you like the final girl? Do you like the final boy?

@ Discussions

4 Likes

:innocent::+1:

1 Like

Lol it just becomes fair game when it’s the killer.

1 Like

How can you not root for private Hudson? Y__Y

The Cabin in the Woods: I side with the audience :rofl:

1 Like

I like Pet Semetary.

That sh!t was weird…
No offenseee

1 Like

Sometime, dead is better. The thing with Gage just got me. Oof.

2 Likes

Yeah…
I thought the “good” will win but… Plot twist!

1 Like

The wife was a real backstabber. Ba dum tiss.

2 Likes

But the cat was the real villain cause if it didn’t lead the kid in front of the truck or whatever that was, she wouldn’t have died

1 Like

I’m talking about the 1980’s version.

1 Like

Oh…
I was talking about the 2019 film

1 Like

Welp, I spoiled it for you

1 Like

Ah, in the 1980’s film, it was Gage who died, not Ellie.

1 Like

Oh…

1 Like

What happened to George the cat?

1 Like

George? It’s Churchill in the 1989 version

2 Likes

Oh, messed it up with some other cat’s name :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Anyway, what happened??

1 Like

I think Church was hit by a car so Ellie’s father brought him back to life and he was pretty much a zombie.

2 Likes